1994 Mustang GT money pit I mean project

Discussion in 'All Non-S197 Media' started by joe_momma, Nov 18, 2020.

1. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

No response from seller on the wheels yet, so there's that. Plus, they are about 1.5 hours away. I'm not driving that far to go see them and them be trashed. Honestly, I'd rather go something wider, especially if they are only 8" wide. I really want something beefier for the rear. I want it to at least "look" mean.

I've got some clips for the fuel line that should be here today - one of them broke when I was replacing the fuel filter so I haven't driven it hard since the plugs/wires. I'll probably drive it tomorrow since it is supposed to be nice. Then I can tell if that made a difference in the high-RPM miss.

jewc75 likes this.
  2. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Those are 17x9 from the factory.

3. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

That'll free up a lot of underhood real estate. When the time comes, I suggest you use a shorter belt rather than substitute the smog pump with a delete pulley.

upload_2020-11-24_10-54-27.png

tjm73 likes this.
  4. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Got the clips replaced last night on the fuel line. They were $5/ea from CJ and LMR. I picked up a bag of 25 for $15 off Amazon. So I've got some if anyone needs them.

So with the shorter belt, you still pull all the junk off just don't replace with the delete pulley. You have a belt part number?

5. tjm73

No part number, but A quick google shows you will probably be in the 89.5-90" range. But it may be different if your car has under drive pulleys or factory pulleys.

Take the belt off and run a piece of string around the pulleys and tensioner. That will get you close. You will have to estimate the movement range of the tensioner and shoot for the middle.

dark steed likes this.
  6. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

6PK2290 if you have stock pulleys.

7. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Awesome thanks guys!

Small update - car ran really good at lunch. I ran it up to 5500 a couple of times, no sputter/miss and no hesitation. It also seemed a bit more "willing" to rev, so I think (hope!) that has the miss issue resolved.

jewc75 likes this.
  8. tjm73

The wires on the car in the pages a page back look like they might have been OEM. Not surprised new wires may have helped.

9. dark steed

dark steed Resident noob

The diagram states a 90.2” belt in the description, so that’s right in line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. tjm73

So it does. LOL

I missed that.

dark steed likes this.
  11. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

How big of a PITA is the smog delete? I've watched a couple of videos - sounds like getting the plugs in the back of the heads is a real treat.

12. tjm73

You can google it or search at like corral.net as it's been done many times.

It's not too bad.

13. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

If you pull the upper intake its not bad.

14. golkhl

golkhl forum member

I did mine without pulling the intake, don’t actually remember it being too bad to install.

15. 07gts197

07gts197 forum member

What are you going to do with your smog stuff?

Also I wanted to add, when the airbag light burns out the airbag module will beep so if you pull the bulb be prepared for that annoyance lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

Activated charcoal will probably work best.

17. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

I've had two foxbody 5.0 with all the NA bells & whistles. Power just drops off around 5,000 to 5,500 rpm. Maybe if I had a racier cam?
    Anyway, your 94 looks really nice - especially considering the age.

18. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

I watched a few more videos last night, it doesn't look terrible. The LMR video I watched - the guy cut slits in the threaded plugs to ream out the carbon...seems like a good idea. I'm guessing the worst part is getting an average to above-average size hand in behind the heads. And then sorting out the vacuum lines.

19. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

As luck would have it, Jegs has those replicas available for when the time comes.

20. Juice

Juice forum member

Did you research if smog delete will possibly cause a CEL?
    The 94-95 pcm is a little more advanced than the pre 93 cars.
    I dont know if smog delete will trip the light or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.