2 Channel O2 Data Logging

Rick Simons

Reaction score
If I'm not posting this in the right area, lease let me know.
I'm just now getting into data logging, and have a few questions:
I want to log both banks simultaneously, so obviously I need 2 sensors.
Can I remove the downstream (cat monitoring) sensors temporarily to use their bungs?
Is it better to do pre-cat sensing as opposed to post-cat?
I've read about using a FireWire cable to connect the o2 sensor to the pc. Can I use one USB port on the pc for each sensor? I'll be using LiveLink.

Thanks for the input (no pun intended).

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well you can't do that if you have cats. Well you can but it won't tell you anything pertinent. Think about it. Your computer is monitoring that there is a change in the signals between the front and rear sensors. The engine runs off the front sensors which should always have a different reading than the back unless you don't have cats.

Can't you just data log from the OBD port? Why do you need to hook directly to the sensors?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Exactly. Just buy an ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner that plugs into the underdash diagnostic port, download the Car Scanner app onto your smartphone, pair it up with the Bluetooth device, and datalog up to 63 different parameters simultaneously.

Rick Simons

Reaction score
The thing is, I need to have the logging done in a format that LiveLink supports so that I can send it to Lito. Aside from that I like the OBD port idea.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back