2005 4.0 mustang coyote swap.

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by Thahoova, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

Hi i am about to try to swap a coyote into my 2005 v6 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if i need to make custom motor mounts or not. this is the only info i havent been able to find. i have looked through the other threads on here but there was no answer to that specific question. thanks

2. Kipp07GT

Kipp07GT Slug Box

I think all 05-14 Mustangs share the same K member. So the motor mounts should drop right in. I could be wrong but pretty sure it drops right in.

Thahoova likes this.
  3. Thahoova

Thahoova Junior Member

thanks!

4. Miriah

Miriah Junior Member

Having the same issue with finding motor mount information. Have you done the swap yet and if so did you have a problem with the mounts lining up

5. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

You can reuse your existing K-member with motor mounts for a Coyote swap. For answers to other inevitable Coyote swap questions, go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Mustang2006GT/Coyote5.0Swap.html

Miriah likes this.
  6. icebroker

icebroker Junior Member

Just saw the topic - if not swapped already, it fits perfectly. Did the 2005 4.0 to 2011 Gen1 Coyote swap last year. [​IMG]

7. Juice

Juice forum member

I used the Ford racing motor mount kit. It was around $150 for the two mounts and the two adapter plates for the engine. My junkyard takeout did not have them on it.