2006 mustang GT coyote swap

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by amac20, Nov 16, 2021.

1. amac20

amac20 Junior Member

Hello, I’m doing a coyote swap on my 06 mustang gt. I’ve got the 2011 coyote, pcm, PBH harness, etc. my question was regarding the flywheel and clutch. I’m keeping my tr3650 5 speed, what flywheel and clutch would I need to keep this transmission? And would I need to do the 26 spline input shaft conversion? Thanks!

2. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

The flywheel and pressure plate that fits the Coyote will work with the 3650. You Don’t have to change the input shaft on the tranny, just buy a disc with the correct spline. 11 splines if I remember right.

3. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

4. mattjames

mattjames Junior Member

10 SPLINE
    You need a clutch for the 05-10 GT BUT a coyote flywheel

Midlife Crises likes this.
  5. Juice

Juice forum member

You need an 8 bolt modular Ford flywheel (4.6 5.0 5.4) and a 10 spline clutch for that flywheel. (you sure it is not 12 spline?) That clutch is out there, just have to figure out which one it is. IIRC, it is an 11 INCH clutch.

I called Centerforce techline when I put mine together, to make sure the 26 spline CF clutch will work with the Ford Racing flywheel before I ordered it. I called because CF flywheel states "Must use CF clutch". But it fit the Ford racing flywheel just fine. Based on that, and this makes no sense, as a Ford clutch should fit the CF flywheel.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021 at 5:38 PM
  6. mattjames

mattjames Junior Member

3650 is ten spline

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.