2006 Mustang GT Premium Dead Battery Every Couple Days

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
it is a blessing mine lasted this long, i remember reading about battery drainage issues from back in 06 and 07.

i still love the car!

bcb06gt

Reaction score
My 2006GT has the same issue 2 years ago. Good excuse for a stereo upgrade. For not that much money you can get Nav, App mode and CarPlay.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Yep that fuse pull seemed to fix the issue.

Is there any problem at all to use a fuse bypass switch with a 20 amp fuse on it? Then I could run wiring into my cabin with the switch on the end and be able to turn this thing off and on without pulling the fuse each time.

I'd probably just make one from scrap wires because the commercial products for this are overpriced. Guess I'd need fuse tap, inline fuse holder, switch, and probably some 18 gauge wire. Would this be a fire hazard or no big deal? Otherwise I could intercept the 12v behind the stereo...

Edit: something like this http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/elec11/domelight.htm

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 06 has the factory alarm system and it will drain the battery in about 2 weeks. I have a trickle charger that I hook up if I am think I will not be driving it for a while, I got tired of dead batteries.

Caden

Reaction score
it is a blessing mine lasted this long, i remember reading about battery drainage issues from back in 06 and 07.

i still love the car!
Did you ever find a permanent solution? I'm not a fan of pulling my fuses every time I park

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back