2006 Mustang GT Premium Dead Battery Every Couple Days

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Ampire, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Hotrodtinker

Hotrodtinker Sandwich Ninja

Woot woot!! Congrats dude!! F eletrical problems!! :big_banana_Dance:

2. hammeron

hammeron forum member

it is a blessing mine lasted this long, i remember reading about battery drainage issues from back in 06 and 07.

i still love the car!

3. Hotrodtinker

Hotrodtinker Sandwich Ninja

Ditto! LONG LIVE THE 2006 GT!! :peace:

4. bcb06gt

bcb06gt Senior Member

My 2006GT has the same issue 2 years ago. Good excuse for a stereo upgrade. For not that much money you can get Nav, App mode and CarPlay.

5. Ampire

Ampire 3 valve

Yep that fuse pull seemed to fix the issue.

Is there any problem at all to use a fuse bypass switch with a 20 amp fuse on it? Then I could run wiring into my cabin with the switch on the end and be able to turn this thing off and on without pulling the fuse each time.

I'd probably just make one from scrap wires because the commercial products for this are overpriced. Guess I'd need fuse tap, inline fuse holder, switch, and probably some 18 gauge wire. Would this be a fire hazard or no big deal? Otherwise I could intercept the 12v behind the stereo...

Edit: something like this http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/elec11/domelight.htm

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  6. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr The Old One S197 Team Member

My 06 has the factory alarm system and it will drain the battery in about 2 weeks. I have a trickle charger that I hook up if I am think I will not be driving it for a while, I got tired of dead batteries.

7. 06 T-RED S/C GT

06 T-RED S/C GT forum member

So the question is.. Which fuse to pull to deactivate the active alarm system ?

8. Caden

Caden Junior Member

Did you ever find a permanent solution? I'm not a fan of pulling my fuses every time I park

9. hammeron

hammeron forum member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.