2008 Bullitt mufflers

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Mustang Sue, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

This is why I added the little 12” cherry bombs for resonators. They helped considerably with the drone and they helped moved the sound back out the back and not directly under the driver’s compartment. I really don’t know why they made as much difference as they did, but mine is fairly quiet inside, and I have no back seat with a home made seat delete panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bullitt 4641

Bullitt 4641 Junior Member

3. Bullitt 4641

Bullitt 4641 Junior Member

Daniel Roberson - I have the same set-up that you have. I put a pair of Pypes M80s after the H; now it sounds like a "muscle car", without being too obnoxious (although the Hot Rod cams help add to the muscle sound).

Mach2burnout likes this.
  4. Mustang Terlingua

Mustang Terlingua Junior Member

I Love the sound of the stock Bullitt Mufflers .

Aerofinz likes this.
  5. Dan07

Dan07 Junior Member

It takes less then a hour to take on and off, try them out and not a big deal to switch back

Mustang Sue likes this.
  6. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

It always took me virtually no time to swap them but I’d get buried for quite some time lining them up to make them look nice!

Aerofinz and Mach2burnout like this.
  7. spectreman

spectreman forum member

I've owned 2-2008 Bullitts, in DHG, of course. The stock mufflers sound great but some of their sound comes from the special H-pipe the Bullitt is equipped with. Outside the car, the Bullitt mufflers sound awesome but for my ear, once seated inside, they're way too quiet. It's quite the dichotomy because I want to be pleased by the sound of the exhaust- couldn't care less what outsiders think.

Having said that, I swapped out the Bullitt mufflers for FR500S setups in both Bullitts and my former '09 GT500. The FR's are THE best sounding muffler you can get for those engines. Deep rumble, zero drone, quiet when cruising, thunderous when the gas pedal is applied. Regrettably, they're also out of manufacture so you have to hunt for them, rare as unobtanium.

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you might find a pair f/s on one of the Stang sites, FB marketplace or craigslist. I've purchased 2 or 3 sets that way. Post an inquiry and see if someone wants to sell a set!

Good luck!
    Lee

Mustang Sue likes this.
  8. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

At one point I ran the same setup as above, except I had stock mufflers. It sounded good as well, but a little quiet for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang Sue likes this.
  9. MrBhp

MrBhp Senior Member

I thought the bullitts had the same x-pipe as the Shelby GT. No? Did they have an H? I wonder how different they sound. My SGT has LT'S, catless, and SVT mufflers. Painfully loud. Well it was until I put the single turbo on. Now I got this weird sneeze sound.....

Mustang Sue likes this.
  10. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

I know they had an H, the theory was they had essentially a washer welded in the center part, offset from center that somehow tweaked the sound.. never saw it verified and I don’t think anyone bothered to stick a camera in one or slice one open. I did love the sound of mine when I had it though! My favorite all time exhaust setup on these cars was the Bullitt factory system with MAC axle-backs, that was perfect.

Mustang Sue likes this.
  11. Mustang Sue

Mustang Sue Junior Member

That's what I figure. It's like a new toy. Hopefully soon.

12. Mustang Sue

Wow I wish I could hear that. Don't get me started again. Lol Thanks!! Come on Spring. Lol

13. Mustang Sue

A person can go nuts trying this one or that one. I think what I hate is when it isn't what they figured and they spent a lot. Then they keep trying. And trying. Lol

14. Mustang Sue

Yes and a few months ago I passed on a couple and now they are asking more. Lol The word got out. Ha! But I'm keeping an out anyway. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.