2008 Mustang GT/CS Convertible

DieHarder

Reaction score
This is a really simple upgrade. I've already done this (my color/6 gauge) on my son's '07 and my '06. 6 gauge clusters come up all of the time on ebay, craigslist or any number of sites including various Mustang forums. Keep looking until you find one you want that's close in mileage. Any cluster 07 and up should work fine but I didn't have any issues using a later year cluster on my 06 either. My color works fine on both of them. Additionally, I've never run across an issue with PATS for a gauge cluster. The reset switch and 6 gauge cluster are all you need.

Recommend waiting until the items you need come up for sale. Should be no more than a couple of hundred. Save your money. Paying a dealer $1000 for a task that takes all of 30-45 mins (if you're really taking your time) is a waste of good money. Doing it yourself will also teach you something about your car and provide a little self satisfaction having done it. Several YouTube videos show exactly how. Really, it's not hard.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Yeah as others have said fucking with a dealer for $1000 isn’t worth it. It’s an under $100 once you find the right cluster. PATS on 05-09 cars is a myth but again, not my money or time. I can’t convince you with proven facts.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Earlier in my posts I had talked about the peeling paint at the seams under the hood of my 2008 mustang. The pealing has spread under the hood and now finding on the passenger side light traces of rust coming through the paint at each bolt inside the engine compartment. Today, I was cleaning up the trunk and discovered light rust coming through areas around the trunk where the metal is folded over into seams. It appears that those of us that love the 2005- 2009 body style are going to have to live with a processing mistake by Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Well being old you forget things. I meant to add when I said the car had no rust, I was referring to rust from road salts, etc since the car has always been in snow country. I think each owner has taken good care of the car, including me by garaging, and not driving during the winter. The other rust I was referring to was (oxidation) I think someone said in an earlier post. That's coming through the paint at the seams and bolts. That is something in Fords processing. I don't think there's much we can do about it.

FrankieD

Reaction score
I have a 09 GT 5spd which is white like yours I also have the paint pealing under the hood probably from like you said bad process on the aluminum hood. Mine was a one owner and being from Illinois plenty of snow and salt here. You might want to check your rear body braces they are more than likely rotted out like mine were (Chinese steel). Picture0920182007951.jpg I redid my suspension through the winter and pulled out the rear axel housing for a gear replacement so my Nieces boy friend who was doing the rebuild sandblasted it and painted it black due to the rust being so bad More Chinese steel)IMG_20200420_173602405.jpg

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the body braces. Car will be going in for service soon so will have my mechanic look at that.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back