2010 Mustang V6

KKBs

Reaction score

I have a 2010 V6 mustang turn the key, nothing happens. Everything comes on but when I turn the key to start nothing happens. I've had the battery checked it was good I've replaced the starter, neutral safety switch and the ignition sensor still nothing. Also sanded paint of negative ground for the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, not to state the obvious, but you've got something interfering with the electrical current's ablility to get to your starter. It sounds like your eliminating all of the possible factors, so let me just ask a few questions to help. When you replaced the starter, was the connection checked to make sure it has power going through it? Also, is it an automatic or manual? If it's a manual, try the old fashion push and pop. With the key in and electrics on, just as if the car was already running, push it for a couple of yards, then hop in and pop the clutch out in first. If it starts, then there's no issues with the computer or the anti theft measures on the car, so it would have to be a wiring issue leading to the starter. If it an automatic you have, well, you can't really use that method, and your best to hook up a diagnostics tool to your obd to help with looking for faults. hope this helps.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the fuses and relays. Relays is hard sometimes to see if good or not, if another relay has same number on them can swap them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back