2014 Coupe Springs

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
I am the second owner of a 2014 GT Coupe equipped with Brembo brakes. Unfortunately I am not happy with the height of the car in the suspension. The driveways are making a mess of the lower trim on the front bumper cover. Not really interested in “slamming” and the car is a street machine with no track use. I am unsure if the previous owner lowered it with lowering springs or if there are OEM installed. According to the door jam data sheet, the spring code is XXGG. My service manual is no help in deciphering it. There is no XX for the front and I am unsure of GG for the rear. The color of the springs are red. Do I have OEM springs? What is the suggested OEM springs to raise the car? Any info is appreciated.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You don't know if it's lowered??? You can't tell by looking at it??? Have you seen a stock 2014 GT coupe? Does it look the same as yours? Maybe I should ask if the stance is the same not if it looks the same 'cause I don't want you to get confused by my question.

If you want OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts you should try Ford because, well, they are the original manufacturer of the car. They might know which springs you should get.

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
Truthfully, I am unsure if it is lowered. My 2009 Coupe sits higher and has no problem with driveways. I thought that someone could translate the codes and/or color.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Truthfully, I am unsure if it is lowered. My 2009 Coupe sits higher and has no problem with driveways. I thought that someone could translate the codes and/or color.

Really? You can't tell by looking at it??? Is the wheel gap (the space between the wheel and the fender) the same as a stock '14 GT??????????

Is there more than one option for springs on a 2014?

You're either trolling or making this way too difficult.

GO TO FORD! BUY STOCK SPRINGS! Don't make it weird.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Red springs aren’t factory. I’d guess they’re Eibachs. Like mentioned above it should be apparent if it’s been messed with.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I still have my stock springs from my 2014 GT. I swapped them with my Bullitt springs a couple weeks after buying it. Fronts are still assembled with factory struts as well.

Big box, weighs over 100 lbs I would guess. Need to get them out of my garage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back