2014 parking brake

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the parking brake handle on the newer Mustangs sticking way the hell over into the driver's right leg? Was mine assembled incorrectly or are they all like this?

IMG_2796.jpg

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm I never paid any attention to that....I'll have to check when I get home.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Maybe one of our parts gurus like Steve or Sam might be able to pull up the schematic to show how it's bolted into place. I might be able to shift it over a little using spacers or something.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
thats to make room for the after market line lock switch

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I swear my base 2013 parking brake handle is not that far over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the parking brake handle on the newer Mustangs sticking way the hell over into the driver's right leg? Was mine assembled incorrectly or are they all like this?

Depending on if I am seeing the angle you took this pic at or not is the same as my looking just now at our 2014... Ours lines perfectly up (Directly on top of) the outer plastic portion of the console.

In other words... Yours looks to be about 1/2" to 3/4" more towards/above the drivers seat than ours. Ours is not at any time above the drivers seat. It lines up on top of the outer console, with a little bit hanging above the space between the seat and the console.

I wonder if someone sat on yours and bent it towards the drivers seat (Or might have been installed improperly)?

Of course pictures vs. looking through the rear window of the vehicle (To get a straight look) can be very different.

Hope that helps!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I just pulled the boot up and applied some leverage to get it moved over about 3/4" and it's much better now. Almost looks like somebody fell on it while the brake lever was pulled up at some point before I bought it.

IMG_2797.jpg

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
It did look too far over. But by the power of greyskull you fixed it. I test drove several 14's this past week and none were like yours before you massaged it over

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
callin in darren. confirm your car is deformed in this manor and you need to sell the car

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is mine. I guess its bent in lol. Either way I like it. Its out of my way.

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
That's the spirit! Get out the chevy wrench and beat it in to submission!

I just pulled the boot up and applied some leverage to get it moved over about 3/4" and it's much better now. Almost looks like somebody fell on it while the brake lever was pulled up at some point before I bought it.

IMG_2797.jpg

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
And.......lol Its my daily until I can order the hellcat.

That kind of interior has not earned you the right to buy a Hellcat! :evillaugh:

Good God man. Mine just rolled 10k miles today, owned her for eight months tomorrow and she still looks like I just got her last week...

Did I mention I already replaced the tires? Yeah, I drive her... :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back