2014 Roush Stage 3

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Got a chance at 14k miles- Roush Stage 3 car for a decent price.. ( I think) 30k. Anyone here care to give a review of goods/bads or reasons to or not pursue this car?

Thanks

Last edited:

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
I've been happy with mine (2010), also bought used. Lot of upgraded stuff without the price of buying it all new a piece at a time.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
True- Not sure what phase it is, I have to check the vin and run it by roush first, pretty sure it's stage 3 phase 1. 575 hp car. Not sure how much further you can take it without having the aluminator block

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
True- Not sure what phase it is, I have to check the vin and run it by roush first, pretty sure it's stage 3 phase 1. 575 hp car. Not sure how much further you can take it without having the aluminator block

Roush depicts 575/625/675 crank hp for the stage 1-2-3....all on the stock block. The 625/675 setups had the giant cone air filter/ fuel pump booster module / smaller 80mm blower pulley etc. The 575 setup used a 85mm pulley.

Then u can get the conversion kits to go from 575 to either 625 or 675.....and also a 625 to 675 kit.
Before you go off the deep end, try it 1st. Roush suggests some serious suspension upgrades before you go crazy with the power....good advice.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score

The Gen1 block can handle 650rwhp all day on pump 93 and a BAP, that's on a 76mm pulley IIRC,

If you really want to push it, a 69mm,, E85 and new fuel pumps will net low-to-mid 700's and that's ""relatively""safe.

Going above 750rwhp is where you'd want to go fully forged and water jacket supports.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Is it manual or automatic? 5r55 automatic is the weak link on my 2010 Roush when I get on the track with it. I overheat the trans, even with an additional B&M racing cooler. If your planning on tracking the car get a manual trans. Other than that the cars are great, bought mine new, almost 60,000 miles and over 25 track days and only thing I've replaced, other than brakes and tires I destroyed, is a front sway bar bushing, and my hockey stick stripe on passenger door lifted shortly after I bought the car new, both those items were fixed under warranty.

As far as it being a Roush, mine is only one of 2 Silver and Red automatic coupes built in 2010. You don't see as many Roush's on the road as say the Shelby's. I find the general public really appreciates the Roush's as I literally cannot go anywhere without answering a question, getting a great comment, or a thumbs up from a passer by in the car. Only question I get tired of is mine is a 427R and I always get asked if it has a 427 in it? :)

Then there are the trophys at car shows...
IMG_1340_zpsnbezuunw.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 5r55s stopped being used in 2011

The 2014 has the 6R80 if an auto

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only question I get tired of is mine is a 427R and I always get asked if it has a 427 in it?

Well since you brought it up, what exactly does the 427R mean?

btw, I always thought that the hockey stripe looked good.

nfrizell

Reaction score

This was the target hp for the 4.6 and m90 sc in the original 427r.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JJ427R

Reaction score

I'm not even sure myself, story I was told by another Roush guy is Roush wanted to do a tribute to the old 427 Ford cammer motor and they wanted to put a 427 in the car (similar to the 427 vette a few years ago) but could not work out a deal with Ford to do it. Coincidently the first one they built with the SC was 427 hp, thus the 427R.... Was also to be a scaled down version of the stage 3, minus track pack suspension and square tip exhaust...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
30K? Are you wanting it for the Roush name? 30K is a bit high compared to other built turbo cars out there.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
30K? Are you wanting it for the Roush name? 30K is a bit high compared to other built turbo cars out there.

It only has 14 K miles on it. The roush stage 3 would come with roush bling / roush suspension / roush blower. The PD blower gives you the instant Tq hit, right from idle....instant boost. You don't get the instant tq with a turbo.

The Roush suspension package would come with roush front / rear lowering springs..and roush monotube front struts (which are 1/2" shorter than oem, the roush front springs are also 1/2" shorter than oem.... making up the total 1" front drop). Roush 37mm front sway bar..and 27mm rear sway bar.... + rear monotube shocks. Roush uca mount assy.

That would have been a VERY expensive car when new.

JJ427R

Reaction score
To my understanding that crank issue is more of a problem on the Whipple SC's on the 5.2 motor.
I can say I personally know about a dozen or so Roush guys and not one I know has had this happen, so I don't think I'd worry too much about that.
My M90 with a 2.49 pulley pushing 9 lbs and a JDM Engineering tune has never had a problem since installing the upgrade 30,000 miles ago, and mine gets pushed hard on track days. Like I said only issue I have is auto trans overheating and starts shifting itself into overdrive, but even that still has not died or been rebuilt even after over 25 track days and almost 60,000 miles. This Roush by far has been the best car I've ever owned....

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You may want to read that thread and see how many 5.0's are breaking. Ive seen 3 this week on FB.

JJ427R

Reaction score
It only has 14 K miles on it. The roush stage 3 would come with roush bling / roush suspension / roush blower. The PD blower gives you the instant Tq hit, right from idle....instant boost. You don't get the instant tq with a turbo.

The Roush suspension package would come with roush front / rear lowering springs..and roush monotube front struts (which are 1/2" shorter than oem, the roush front springs are also 1/2" shorter than oem.... making up the total 1" front drop). Roush 37mm front sway bar..and 27mm rear sway bar.... + rear monotube shocks. Roush uca mount assy.

That would have been a VERY expensive car when new.
Also add Roush interior, Roush gauges, optional Roush seats are very nice if it has those....

Yep this car would have been $55-60k when It came out. Comparatively for price I know a gentleman who purchased a 2014 Stage 3 with 6500 miles on it for $36k about this time a year ago.

You may want to read that thread and see how many 5.0's are breaking. Ive seen 3 this week on FB.
Evidently that is one more reason I'm not on facebook…. ;)

If its on a Roush with a warranty it should be covered under the factory warranty, that is the one option you will not get on a similar turbo car.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ427R

Reaction score
True, I'm just stating in general, were you specifying a year on the 5.0s that are breaking or just in general?
I'm just saying any stang you put a turbo on will void the warranty, you can install a Roush charger and keep the factory warranty, as long as it is installed by a Ford authorized tech. So if it is a newer Roush still under warranty that it has happened to, it should be covered.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back