Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't see it in that article but another one I read mentioned it will have a multi-port fuel injection to run beside the direct injection. This should open up more possibilities of high HP vehicles since there won't be the whole DI limiting factor for fuel. Interesting.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if these are new details or not, but F-150 Raptor to have a TWIN turbo EcoBoost, and 10-speed transmission. Figured since I'm bored, we should get a Raptor topic going for RAWRs.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-in-depth-feature

Where is the Twin Turbo V8? :/

There is no class in Baja for a TTV8 IIRC which is why they are going EcoBoost.

Also, I believe the Multiport along side DI was for the Ford GT but it would be badass if that was the fuel system for the next gen EcoBoost motors.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
While I agree a V6 Raptor seems weird, I think they can make it work if it ends up sounding like the GT.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
While I agree a V6 Raptor seems weird, I think they can make it work if it ends up sounding like the GT.

They sound like crap (just like the other EB trucks). My buddy has brought them home a few times from SVT.

They sure do scoot though. No final power numbers yet but it feels a lot like my leaned on 2012.

I want, but I will not buy.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Let's at least consider the fact that there are auto manufacturers that are still determined to make performance vehicles, much less finding new ways to push the envelope.

Look at Toyota. They have a rich performance heritage and what do they have to show for it these days? Scion?

It's like Richard Hanmond said when he reviewed the Porsche 918, "hybrid power plants may have actually saved the supercar species" rather than become the demise. I always love when modern engineering proves to be able to do more with less. EcoBoost motors were scrutinized and scoffed at when the idea was still in preproduction but now they make up for more than half of the sales for F-150. And look what EcoBoost has done for all of it's other cars. Class leading MPG and power output in almost every class.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the exhaust you can't make it sound good. Just concentrate on the turbo sound and blow off valve and there is your sound substitute.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
so its a tremor motor in a raptor. still rathr have a tried and true 5.4 honestly

That's like saying the new Ford GT has a Tremor motor in it.

The 3.5L EcoBoost has now entered it's tried and true stage going on almost 5 years in production.

Expeditions ditched the 5.4L for the EB and for good reason.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
the tremeor motor in the raptor was meant to be more of a question not a comment.

the 5.4 will last longer and cost less to keep up in the long run, those turbos will fail, and the di will let the heads get gummed up, from what i've been told about my escape is expect the heads to have to be removed at some point to clean them.

the only reason they're ditching v8's is gov mandates and to please the general public for fuel mileage, reduce weight. the ecoboost motors wont outlast the 5.4's

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
the 5.4 will last longer and cost less to keep up in the long run, those turbos will fail, and the di will let the heads get gummed up, from what i've been told about my escape is expect the heads to have to be removed at some point to clean them.

the only reason they're ditching v8's is gov mandates and to please the general public for fuel mileage, reduce weight. the ecoboost motors wont outlast the 5.4's

Yeah, I miss the 351w truck motors too. That old tech was so much better.:biggrin:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
4.9L straight-six all the way !!!

s_1940.gif

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the 351w truck motors too. That old tech was so much better.:biggrin:

i want something mid 90's with a 351 in it, need something to towe my bikes and frankly it's gonna grt hanmered so i dont want anything fancy, although i need four doors i cant do singl cabs. but there is something to be said about simplicity. yeah the eco boost is more efficient but at what point do you say well this is getting out of hand. hell my 3v has been down for over a tear tracking down a stalling issue even ford coulsnt figure out on multiple visits after replacing almost thenentire electrical system it broke down to either the wireharness or the fuse box underhood and of course both those were bad. spent 4k chasing the shit down and i just got my car back on the atreet two days ago. so yeah its left a real bitter taste in my mouth for these high tech motors and hell the 3v is nothing compared to the shit in the eb cars. to much for me to tinker with i got the eb escape because its not going to get mucked with and is the wife car, she drives like a old granny so i hope that will make it last.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back