2017 F-150 Raptor

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I spec'd out one today in Lightning Blue and it was $70,005.

Tempted, but not crazy about an EcoBoost in a truck like this.

Was that fully optioned? If so that's about $9K more than a fully optioned 14.

I think my biggest issue is still the fender lights being in the fender flares on the front. It's like they got done designing the truck and were like, Shit! We forgot the damn fender lights on the front! The interior is really nice though.

Me either. I like my EB F150. But I wouldn't get a V6 "race truck".

I miss my 13 from time-to-time if only for the stop light drag racing against kids who had no idea my V-TEC kicked in at 1,800 RPM.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Was that fully optioned? If so that's about $9K more than a fully optioned 14.

I think my biggest issue is still the fender lights being in the fender flares on the front. It's like they got done designing the truck and were like, Shit! We forgot the damn fender lights on the front! The interior is really nice though.

It was pretty much fully loaded, minus the added cost paint (like Ruby Red), spray in bedliner, and invoiced accessories (bed divider, bed cover, etc).

Some days I wish I kept my '14 RR Special Edition. I miss that truck and think they still look better than the new ones. Biggest pet peeve I have about the new ones is the shifter... sounds ridiculous, but I can't get comfortable with it. The 09-14 Shifter fit perfectly in my hand.

I do think it's interesting that you can get a 800A base Raptor without leather or any bells and whistles.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to price out the absolute base supercab.

Still holding on to my 2010 for now though. My 2010 has been the best truck I have ever owned. It has been off-road plenty and just keeps going with not one issue.

My gut tells me there will be a v8 raptor again. Anxious to see the new raptor out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
It was pretty much fully loaded, minus the added cost paint (like Ruby Red), spray in bedliner, and invoiced accessories (bed divider, bed cover, etc).

Some days I wish I kept my '14 RR Special Edition. I miss that truck and think they still look better than the new ones. Biggest pet peeve I have about the new ones is the shifter... sounds ridiculous, but I can't get comfortable with it. The 09-14 Shifter fit perfectly in my hand.

I do think it's interesting that you can get a 800A base Raptor without leather or any bells and whistles.

Yeah I was surprised when you got rid of yours. Having the certificate and build sheets now for the 14s the RR Scab was one rare truck. I remember discussing the shifter with you when I was up there to look at the 15 with the 2.7 you had (the strangely optioned one). I've since been in a few 15s and agree with you that it's just really difficult to get a comfortable grip on it.

I didn't even notice you could order a no option one without leather. I know some of the first gens used for border patrol don't have leather, but don't believe that was ever an option otherwise on the first gen.

I would like to price out the absolute base supercab.

Still holding on to my 2010 for now though. My 2010 has been the best truck I have ever owned. It has been off-road plenty and just keeps going with not one issue.

My gut tells me there will be a v8 raptor again. Anxious to see the new raptor out though

Yeah I have no plans on getting rid of my 14 anytime soon as it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I've had it down in the Outer Banks a few times and it is a ton of fun hauling ass on the sand.

If they do put another V8 in it again part of me hopes it's NA and not FI. They could just put the 6.2 back in it and I'd be fine with that.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I would take the 6.2 back in a second.

I was at a raptor event last fall that Ford sent out three of their trucks to participate with everybody. They had a Q and A time with their lead guy. Of course the first question was about a v8. He didn't say no! He only said they were releasing it with the new ecoboost. He had a slight smile on his face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
I would take the 6.2 back in a second.

I was at a raptor event last fall that Ford sent out three of their trucks to participate with everybody. They had a Q and A time with their lead guy. Of course the first question was about a v8. He didn't say no! He only said they were releasing it with the new ecoboost. He had a slight smile on his face!

It would definitely get me to give a harder look at a second generation if it had a V8 in it, but as of now I've got no interest in the new one outside of just being able to see it in person.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back