3.7 build

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dual mass flywheel?

can you explain that ? dual mass ? what is it's purpose on this car ? this is new to me and not what I'm looking for I don't think

edit :
"thanks for the heads up"

The dual mass systems are designed to transmit less engine vibration to the driveline, and give a better more car like driving experience. They also reduce some of the jarring and stress on the transmission and remainder of the drivetrain. They work fine as long as the engine remains unmodified and the vehicle is not used/abused beyond manufacturers recommendations.

Ya that is not going to work ........be for sale...lol...

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
can you explain that ? dual mass ? what is it's purpose on this car ? this is new to me and not what I'm looking for I don't think

edit :
"thanks for the heads up"

The dual mass systems are designed to transmit less engine vibration to the driveline, and give a better more car like driving experience. They also reduce some of the jarring and stress on the transmission and remainder of the drivetrain. They work fine as long as the engine remains unmodified and the vehicle is not used/abused beyond manufacturers recommendations.

Ya that is not going to work ........be for sale...lol...

Sorry for not getting back to you on that/providing more info. I am pretty sure its a DMFW but don't know much about the 3.7s. I figured I'd google-fu the info anyway as you probably did. Ditch the DM flywheel for sure! DMFW is usually heavier too so you will get faster revs with a aftermarket. edit: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...flywheel-2011-mustang-v6-v8s.html#post2228863

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
American Muscle has a Spec Aluminum flywheel for $490 but they use a generic photo for the flywheel.

Here is an interesting video about a DMFW failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PDS_ZPGyE

And here is an actual photo of it and people are saying they feel a real improvement.

GMC_1585.jpg

Beef

Reaction score
Truly interested on how much abuse this engine can handle.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
American Muscle has a Spec Aluminum flywheel for $490 but they use a generic photo for the flywheel.

Here is an interesting video about a DMFW failure.

And here is an actual photo of it and people are saying they feel a real improvement.

Please learn how to embed Youtube videos. It's very easy to do.

YOUTUBE.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back