4.6 3v 2009 gt

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Dennis Thomas, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Spring of 2017, like an idiot, I installed the rear nitto 285-40-18 (NT-555's) reversed. 555's are directional tires...and marked... 'left side'....'right side'. It would pull violently to the left....at the top of 2nd. Almost put it into the hwy concrete center divider...twice.... in the dry, warm summer late afternoon.

Fall of 2011, after the roush suspension + blower installed...(and rears mounted correctly), get into the gas..and it would pull violently to the left..... but only on wet pavement. That's dangerous around town. Without lca re-locate brackets at the time, and rear lowered 1.25", the oem lca's were higher at axle end. Get into the gas pedal, and you are taking weight off the rear axle.

So in went the BMR lca's / uca / re-locate brackets / PHB. Used top holes on re-locate brackets. 18 months later, dropped down to middle holes. Still later, in went the tru-trac + watts link.

Traction control off in the dry, and on..in the wet. I'll try traction control 'on' in the dry...and see what happens.

2. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

I don't back out either, recipe for a hard hook and a spin. I did that exact thing in my '86. You really have to ease out of it to let the tires hook up gradually.

3. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

I hold it to the floor until it stops spinning.

4. fdjizm

fdjizm Drag Queen

#NeverLift

MrAwesome987 likes this.
  5. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

I try to stay out of the limiter, have a lito tune after all!

6. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

What's a "limiter"? Never used one!

7. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

:|

8. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

With the stock all season BFG 235's and stock motor/turbo it was pretty easy to spin the tires. With better tires and some more rear suspension tuning, I can ease the pedal onto the floor in 2nd and keep traction most of the time, 3rd has been no problem.

eighty6gt likes this.
  9. 1950StangJump$

1950StangJump$ forum member

I find with my Nittos on 20" rims, with 4.10 rear, the 2.97 T56, and 450 RWHP, the rear end will, indeed, get out from underneath me in 2nd .... and even 3rd if I have the wheel even the slightest bit turned.

I can't hear any squeal above the exhaust, so it feels like I'm on ice when it happens. #puckerfactor

travelers likes this.