'96 F250 PowerStroke Build (Another Ridiculous Build Thread Provided by Cam)

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The US Specialty Vehicles Rhino GX is a Ford F-450 on Steroids

us-specialty-vehicle-rhino-gx.png

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-f450-rhino-gx/

This all of this!

Looking into this one today... sort of a curve ball.

00X0X_aWJJnXiaHyL_600x450.jpg

'77 F-250 Cummins 5.9 w/ 6 Speed Manual on Super Duty driveline.

Or that ... that works even better. Sounds like a hell of a truck!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking into this one today... sort of a curve ball.

00X0X_aWJJnXiaHyL_600x450.jpg

'77 F-250 Cummins 5.9 w/ 6 Speed Manual on Super Duty driveline.

That thing looks awesome but I hope they either swapped the SuperDuty frame or some other way addressed the limp-noodle '77 frame

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So the guy with the '77 never got back to me on it :(.... that truck was too much awesomeness to be true.

Dave - the links don't work

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
So the guy with the '77 never got back to me on it :(.... that truck was too much awesomeness to be true.

Dave - the links don't work

It is awesome, but I think to get to your standards you would have spent big bucks

If you're looking old school, let me live vicariously. 69!

l_4b47eed195f64ed8a86e21d13e0664e9.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
There is a guy I follow on IG... has one of the most badass '67's --- single cab with a full 2005 6.0 drivetrain, frame, suspension, etc.... on the exterior you can't even tell.

A '97 Crew Cab 7.3L came on the market a couple days ago so I'm talking with that guy and will see how it goes. 14x,000 miles, black, gray interior. All power options. Looks nice but has some grandpa stuff done to it (chrome, extra lights, ugly wheels).

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Do you really want a black truck though?

It's a double edged sword... I really don't like to care for black... but this one has what I'm looking for (minus cab lights) and the price is acceptable.

Plus look how good black looks on an OBS

DSC_0335.jpg

Man I love me some classic 4x4!! I always liked 78-79 ford trucks.
5764959347.html

Not sure why my links aren't working. Must be something with me using my iPad

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5736648830.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5764959347.html

That first one is awesome looking, that second one... don't want white and I wish him the best of luck finding someone who has $30K to spend on it.

Last edited:

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Black is awesome but I'll never have one. Unless it's a garage queen...

And that dude is smoking his socks if he thinks he's getting anywhere near 30k for that truck! It's nice but but not that nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So... the guy with the '77 Cummins swapped Ford got back to me last night. We talked and it was a lot of gray area since his "buddy" did the swap and he didn't have a full build list or anything formally written down. We are still chatting about it a little and negotiated but I think we are just too far apart for what the truck needs and what I'm willing to pay for a truck like this that would be purchased sight unseen. I had an inspector setup who was going to take a look at the truck but it's a tall order for someone who looks at normal cars to look at this Frankenstein contraption. Lol

bae2ad0582aea6652a5f05a77a6202aa.jpg

Black is awesome but I'll never have one. Unless it's a garage queen...

And that dude is smoking his socks if he thinks he's getting anywhere near 30k for that truck! It's nice but but not that nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah $30K better be a 10-30K mile OBS that is mint with all desirable options/color combo. I was crusin' CL the other night and did find a SUPER rare 97 F-Super Duty with the correct contracted 4x4 conversion (they never came 4x4 from the factory). 12K original miles, 7.3L Powerstroke, Manual ZF5 Transmission. 4x4 F-Super Duty's came with Dana 70 front and Dana 90 rear axles. Would have been an awesome truck for sure if it wasn't $35K and a decomissioned ambulance. haha

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword... I really don't like to care for black... but this one has what I'm looking for (minus cab lights) and the price is acceptable.

Plus look how good black looks on an OBS

DSC_0335.jpg

That first one is awesome looking, that second one... don't want white and I wish him the best of luck finding someone who has $30K to spend on it.

Goodness .... That does look pretty tempting. Maybe take it to a detailer, correct the paint ceramic coating and hopefully no swirls or anything like that.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
So... the guy with the '77 Cummins swapped Ford got back to me last night. We talked and it was a lot of gray area since his "buddy" did the swap and he didn't have a full build list or anything formally written down. We are still chatting about it a little and negotiated but I think we are just too far apart for what the truck needs and what I'm willing to pay for a truck like this that would be purchased sight unseen. I had an inspector setup who was going to take a look at the truck but it's a tall order for someone who looks at normal cars to look at this Frankenstein contraption. Lol

bae2ad0582aea6652a5f05a77a6202aa.jpg

holy shit does that thing look amazing!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Struck a deal on a '96 F350 7.3L Diesel today..... For my fiancé.

Two owner (2nd owner is friends with the first), CA owned always. Pristine condition, all records stemming from the original dealer order sheet, window sticker, all maintenance, all stock parts, sooooo much stuff. Even has a set of repair manuals (which I already have).

Oh and it's a MANUAL!

1e4d48e18dfafb98bcff4c1358ec9eba.jpg

6c6159698bbb2bbbf206a4a165c30c36.jpg

e264a15f103e598dead97aa065b93819.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back