AEM meth kit installation

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
For those running the 30-300 kit, where did you guys mount the pump and tank? and there are two wires, one blue that says connect to 5v source opt (optional?) and a green wire that is supposed to pull timing that im guessing I'll just skip from talking to a few guys on here. did some searching but did'nt find much on that blue/green wires or mounting locations.

and I'm guessing I should use the biggest nozzle that came in the kit right? thanks for the help!!! :beerchug2:

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
*30-3000 kit... no one has any advice on the install of those wires and mounting locations?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Here's a pic of where I mounted a snow pump. Made a bracket out of 4x4x.25 aluminum and bolted it and the pump to the frame on the passenger side right behind the bumper. I couldn't find a place for the snow tank so I used the windshield washer reservoir. FYI -20 windshield washer fluid at wal mart is 30% methanol and 70% distilled water. Three years ago it was $1.08 per gallon. IIRC I tapped into the maf power for the 5v to power the controller. I also wired a key on power on relay. I tapped into the noise suppression power wire for relay control and tied the power wire into the bussed power distribution center. All that was required was a contact that fit and a fuse for the new circuit.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0684-1.jpg

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
awesome advice thanks alot! I neevr thought of using a bracket to mount the pump, i may just go that route instead of drilling into the strut tower like i thought i had too lol. I'll follow your wiring instructions as well. those inlet and outlet hoses on the pump look different then mine, mine just has two blue nipples coming out of either side of the pump and no fittings that connect to them, was yours like that and you just added those fittings? Ill post up a pic of the pump when i get home

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so we got the whole thing installed in under three hours with doing a trunk mount set-up. Pretty straight foward and it was actually really easy. Just waiting on my boost juice to come in the mail to test it on the car. Already used water and just sprayed in the air... it was refreshing... lol

2012-05-24_11-19-01_151.jpg

2012-05-24_11-22-47_891.jpg

2012-05-24_11-25-53_31.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
no prob.. I thought it might help..

the main guy at snow told me about that when I was thinking of placing it there.

I just did the wiper tank and attachment.

lostsoul

Reaction score
well crap.. why doesn't snow do that.. its not like all these companies dont copy off each other..haha

lostsoul

Reaction score
who knows.. I just remember the main guy telling me " it would be a good idea if truck mounted". I think that was my main reason not doing it because I didnt want to blow more $$ on another part..haha

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Great! No complaints with the kit at all, turns on right where we set it to and leave the intake manifold cool to the touch after a dyno pull, where as before it would be pretty damn hot

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Great! No complaints with the kit at all, turns on right where we set it to and leave the intake manifold cool to the touch after a dyno pull, where as before it would be pretty damn hot

Thanks for the info. I just ordered on today along with the 99' Lighting ait sensor and plug. Looks like I have a new project this weekend.

Do you run the boost juice still or "wiper fluid"?

That being said, does anyone have any input on the different fluid mixes?

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just running the boost juice. I was going to try wiper fluid but this was just so easy and its hard to find a trust worthy company with a near 50/50 mix from what I've heard. And afterI five dyno pulls and four or five street pulls I've only used about a 1/4 gallon

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Boost juice is expensive! If you can source some methanol locally, usually race shops will have it straight from a pump, it can be much cheaper. I used to grab mine for $6/gallon (100% methanol) and mix it 50/50 (by weight, not volume--I believe it comes out to 46/54 by volume but either way it's not important as long as you keep it consistent) with distilled water.

Although, I moved and I can't find methanol locally so I've been buying the horrendously expensive boost juice.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back