AEM meth kit installation

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
So it better to have the pump for the meth start flowing right when I hit boost or a pounds in? Right now the pump turns on around 2-3 psi and hits full around 5. And should I he running straight water since I don't need the octane boost?

Water will get you the octane boost. meth and water both help cool down the intake charge. The meth is acts as a fuel, so you will see richer AFRs with meth on.

I have mine set to 1PSI start but I also have a PD blower that sees 11psi almost instantaneously.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Water will get you the octane boost. meth and water both help cool down the intake charge. The meth is acts as a fuel, so you will see richer AFRs with meth on.

I have mine set to 1PSI start but I also have a PD blower that sees 11psi almost instantaneously.

I used maf voltage as a reference with a whipple. It took some fine tuning to get it turning on at the right time but once it was set the light came on (spraying) when under boost and progressively ramped up with airflow.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, for PD/roots is better to use a MAF based progressive controller like the Snow or their stage3 controller which is injPW base. This kit (AEM) is boost progressive, works awesome for centri blowers, and good for turbos too.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I used maf voltage as a reference with a whipple. It took some fine tuning to get it turning on at the right time but once it was set the light came on (spraying) when under boost and progressively ramped up with airflow.

Yeah that was the plan but then I got lazy. :crazy:

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Ah ok got it. So start it at 3 psi (25% of my max) and don't have it full until 12 psi? Even though it just barley hits it a split second before I shift?
And no I'm not intercooled... maybe down the road I'll be get a universal one and route the piping myself (been wanting to try it) but for now it's just the meth doing the cooling.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Exactly, for PD/roots is better to use a MAF based progressive controller like the Snow or their stage3 controller which is injPW base. This kit (AEM) is boost progressive, works awesome for centri blowers, and good for turbos too.

Any downsides of using boost instead on a PD blower? I have mine on boost and have always used boost on PD blowers or turbo (running 4 years on a previous car with an MP62) with no ill effects. My car runs great right now with the boost reference. I just don't want to spend any more money/time returning it.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a pd/twin screw I have always seen voltage as the prefered activation method. And boost reference for centri's.

The boost rise is so fast down low its harder to regulate the flow and if the nozzle and setting isnt right you can get pooling or bogging.

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that but I've never had pooling or bogging in my cars with PD blowers and boost referenced injection. I'm going to assume that means I'm doing good :thumb:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that but I've never had pooling or bogging in my cars with PD blowers and boost referenced injection. I'm going to assume that means I'm doing good :thumb:

Yeah I mean as long as you set it up right either way will work.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly, the small jet it the ticket there. If you really wanted to cool iat's better up top thats where the progressive controller based on maf voltage comes in handy it can steadily increase the flow of water/meth as airflow and temp goes up.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Any downsides of using boost instead on a PD blower? I have mine on boost and have always used boost on PD blowers or turbo (running 4 years on a previous car with an MP62) with no ill effects. My car runs great right now with the boost reference. I just don't want to spend any more money/time returning it.

You basically answered your own question, lol.

But yes, when using big nozzles and/or multiple nozzles it would complete bog the engine.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Hello I know this is an old post and before starting a new thread wanted to see if anyone here can help. So I picked up an AEM meth kit and had two questions regarding the install. First what options do I have to connect the ARM switch (yellow wire) and second I have a vortech so I can tap into the boost gauge tube to run to the AEM controller?

9518A20F-072C-4819-B93D-B2C7AA30ECD0.jpeg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back