All 4 camshaft sensor codes p0340 p0349 p0369 p0394

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by Adam Lee, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Junior Member

I have a 2012 Mustang GT with a procharger on it. The tune is from Lund racing. The car has 29000 miles on it. I'm having a problem with these four codes popping up and I'm not as powerful with the engine light on. Stock cams. If I am getting off work hard at the same time now, doesn't that mean something major is wrong?

Screenshot_20211011-190955_ScanMaster.jpg

2. Juice

Juice forum member

Since those are intermittent AND on all 4 cams, I suspect an electrical issue common to those sensors.

3. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Junior Member

Where do i start? Lol i cant see behind the engine.

4. Juice

Juice forum member

Well, with any electrical system issue, its never a bad idea to check charging system/battery first. Unstable or low system voltage will cause wierd issues.

5. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Junior Member

Ok i went out with volt meter. Battery is a duralast gold made on 12/2019. It has 12.5v before start up. That was normal i thought. When i started it i had 14.6v so alternator is working. I did notice when i was cranking it over to start the engine that the voltage went down as far as 10.5v on the battery. Should a battery dip that low when cranking the engine? I checked all 4 cam sensor pigtails and wiring , nothing looks burnt, melted, or chewed. Im at a loss

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  6. Juice

Juice forum member

Voltage is good.
    Time to break out the shop manual and follow the checklist to troubleshoot those codes.

7. bigbug11

bigbug11 Junior Member

Replace your original factory alternator. All your dead battery problems and cam codes will disappear.

8. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Junior Member

Even if the alternator reads 14.5v?

9. Juice

Juice forum member

Check for AC ripple first.

10. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Junior Member

Ok how? Find it on google? AC mean alternator current?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.