aluminum driveshaft 1/4 mile question

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
right now,my car runs 13.2 at 103 mph consistently in 1/4 mile.

this spring,i will be adding a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and am wondering if anyone can give me an idea at what i might expect performance wise.

i'd imagine it would be minor and maybe the 60 ft time might improve or maybe a 10th off 1/4 mile time.am i corect or way off? thanks.

also,i'd be going with Mike at powerhouse since he's 10 minutes away and a good guy.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have seen guys say they have gotten 2/10 off their time slip. This is my next mod as well and I am hoping to go with Mike as, since they have the group buy available. Good luck!!

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
wow,that's great.i'd be the happiest guy alive if i could dip into the 12's like you.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You will get there. Time and effort my friend.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
My et difference was a bit more, but there were more contributing factors...

At the same time, I installed stinger axle-back mufflers, which are not supposed to help in the hp department.

It was at a different track as well, but my 60 foot times were comparible.

It was also my first time, then my second time to a drag strip.

I picked up .46 in the quarter. 13.92 to a 13.46. This was on street tires both times.

Im at 13.29 on streets, and am also shooting for the 12s. Winter sucks, can't wait to get back to the track...

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
.46? wow,thats huge! Now you've got me drooling.
right now,ive got slp axleback,bbk cai with 93 octane tune,4.10 gears and steeda udp. man,i can't wait for spring time!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i trap 105mph and u go 12.98@ 103, this saddens me, tell me your secret lol
Lol. I have no secret. I give alot of credit to the guys on this forum and my friends who have given me advice. All I can say is it took alot of questions, mistakes, and good driving to get me there(which took some seat time). Oh, and of course some damn good weather and track prep.

Drive it like you stole it LOL!!

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
.46? wow,thats huge! Now you've got me drooling.
right now,ive got slp axleback,bbk cai with 93 octane tune,4.10 gears and steeda udp. man,i can't wait for spring time!

since you have 4.10s will definately help you. it didnt help me so much cuz still have 3.31s. throw in some lca's and a uca for the full benefit.

spyder7724

Reaction score
sold over 900 of them and can say without question you will drop .10-.25 seconds 1\4 mile. losing 25+lbs. of rotating mass in the driveline is huge and you can actually feel the difference in how quick it revs.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Lol. I have no secret. I give alot of credit to the guys on this forum and my friends who have given me advice. All I can say is it took alot of questions, mistakes, and good driving to get me there(which took some seat time). Oh, and of course some damn good weather and track prep.

Drive it like you stole it LOL!!

Yup, seat time!! And the fact that you weigh a lot less than guys helps. I'm not as fortunate. haha. That's why I'm hoping to get my girlfriends v6 into the 13s on motor by next year. a 110 lb driver like her will fly compared to a 200lb guy like me. lol.

sold over 900 of them and can say without question you will drop .10-.25 seconds 1\4 mile. losing 25+lbs. of rotating mass in the driveline is huge and you can actually feel the difference in how quick it revs.

That's what I'm looking forward to with my spydershaft. :thumb2:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, seat time!! And the fact that you weigh a lot less than guys helps. I'm not as fortunate. haha. That's why I'm hoping to get my girlfriends v6 into the 13s on motor by next year. a 110 lb driver like her will fly compared to a 200lb guy like me. lol.
110lbs! Ha, I wish.....well, not really, I would be all skin and bone. Try 140. I like to eat!!!!
I think sticky tires would yield better times than a new driveshaft.
That will definitely help.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Went from 13.3 to 13.0 after installing one.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92642&highlight=spydershaft
Here's my original thread 2 years ago. The Spydershaft and a new clutch went in at the same time, and I picked up 3/10s. I had no suspension mods and my original gears (3.55s), just cold air, a tune from Woodbine Motorsports, catted xpipe (Bassani) and MAC mufflers. I'm pretty sure I had an ET Street on 17x8" OEM rim.

John

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
drop some weight...front skinnies and some drag radials will net in combo with a ds and a good gear set and you'll turn in some good times

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score

That's what I'm looking forward to with my spydershaft. :thumb2:

I'm 125, so I'm sure I'd fly also LOL. I've always wanted to see a s197 v6 get deep into the 13's, but looks like it takes a lot of weight reduction and extra power.

07CaliSpecial

forum member
Reaction score

Do you see any increase in trap speed with the aluminum d/s?

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Take it for what its worth but today I ran a new best of 11.39@123 with my new PH driveshaft installed and no other new mods. Previous best was 11.67@119 without the driveshaft. DA was -1350 today and it was around 800 when I ran the 11.67.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Niiiiiiiice! Congrats on the new PB!

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
Take it for what its worth but today I ran a new best of 11.39@123 with my new PH driveshaft installed and no other new mods. Previous best was 11.67@119 without the driveshaft. DA was -1350 today and it was around 800 when I ran the 11.67.

That's killer! Congrats!!!! I've heard 2/10's to 3/10's but wanted to know with a boosted car what the times would be and if there was a difference.

My current times are [email protected].

I just had my shop throw in a Driveshaft w/loop, and BMR UCA and LCA's and am going back to the track this Thursday to see what the car does.

I'll post up results when I return.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back