Aluminum driveshaft ?

Gstick

Reaction score
Is the DSS aluminum driveshaft worth putting on since I'm getting FRPP 3.73 ring/pinion gears installed ? I plan on putting a ProCharger on next spring (2015), but for now just the new gears and J & M lower/adjustable upper control arm (with heavy duty bracket). I am assuming that I'll need a new clutch/pressure plate next year with the ProCharger, and realize that I can wait till then for the aluminum shaft. Will I notice anything with the aluminum ds ? The car only has a JLT CAI, BBK 62mm TB, Basanni axle back ss exhaust, and a 93 octane Bama tune.Thanks !

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lots of info and debates to be found using the search function.

I do plan on going to an aluminum shaft due to my center bearing groaning when going around right hand curves at highway speeds. The car only has 25,000 miles.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What part to use when isn't tech here. Don't repost, it will get moved.

A single piece DS loses some weight, accelerates maybe a hair quicker and maybe more reliable than the stock DS at higher HP.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is not tech!!!!!!! Was the search function broken?

To answer the question yes you will benefit.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes get it

Search for details

Moved

iwisefox

Reaction score
I personally would go with a Dynotech or another brand. I installed the DSS driveshaft and so does a buddy of mine and both our cars have bad driveshaft vibrations over 100 mph. I have another friend with a Dynotech and they have zero vibrations up through 150+mph. I asked about the issue at Brenspeed and they stated they choose to install Dynotech driveshafts.

Honestly I noticed next to zero performance gains from an aluminum 1 piece, but I guess it's more about the safety aspect for high HP/TQ cars?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I personally would go with a Dynotech or another brand. I installed the DSS driveshaft and so does a buddy of mine and both our cars have bad driveshaft vibrations over 100 mph. I have another friend with a Dynotech and they have zero vibrations up through 150+mph. I asked about the issue at Brenspeed and they stated they choose to install Dynotech driveshafts.

Honestly I noticed next to zero performance gains from an aluminum 1 piece, but I guess it's more about the safety aspect for high HP/TQ cars?

DSS makes a quality balanced product. Have you checked your pinion angle after install?

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
Def worth it. It's kind of like the feeling when you have a passenger and then they get out. Lol if that makes any sense.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I went with dynotech on my 11 after having a slight vibe issue on my 08 with a cheaper shaft I picked up .1 over oem shaft. The dynotech is smooth as butter

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Lighter shorter diameter wheels are also a good way to pull rotating weight out of the driveline. Doing both at the same time is the way to go if you can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

which version of the DSS drive shaft are you talking about?

the latest version, which has a ujoint on one end and a cv joint on the other, to my knowledge, has gotten nothting but rave reviews.

Gstick

Reaction score
What are the pros/cons of a DSS aluminum with the CV joint vs a Dynotech with a slip yoke ?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back