annoying stains.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
How would I get rid of those annoying stains that can never get off my wheel well. There like greasy stains and those stubborn side skirt stains underneath also?? Car is getting sold soon so it needs a good detail.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I am honestly not sure what you are talking about to be honest. Pictures would be helpful.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
purple power works wonders, as does dish soap for cleaning greasy shit. Mr. Clean magic erasers are also a god send for wheel wells/undercarriages

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Guy is buying it? Badass!

Ill take a cold case ;) hahaha.

Try slowlyrolling's suggestions.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
lol dont use the force of a prepubescent girl, put your ass into it. if it smears that means its coming off. use some rubbing alcohol if its that big of a deal, youre selling it, hes not going to not buy it cause of the dirty wheel wells.

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
this stuff is a godsend for wheels, wheelwells, etc. just make sure if you use it on paint to rinse thoroughly and wax afterwards. strips the wax right off.

p84753z.jpg

clay bar the skirts. you'll be amazed at how much comes off.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
It shouldn't even get to the point where you have to use heavy degreasers IMO. Regularly scrub your wheel barrels, wheel wells, and skirts. With every wash. Your cars paint will thank you.

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
It shouldn't even get to the point where you have to use heavy degreasers IMO. Regularly scrub your wheel barrels, wheel wells, and skirts. With every wash. Your cars paint will thank you.

the key is "regularly". when you've never done it, a heavy degreaser may be necessary. I used this stuff the first time I cleaned my wheels after picking them up off a forum member who neglected them pretty badly. Thew on a coat of wax after and now everything comes off very easily and without the degreaser.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
the key is "regularly". when you've never done it, a heavy degreaser may be necessary. I used this stuff the first time I cleaned my wheels after picking them up off a forum member who neglected them pretty badly. Thew on a coat of wax after and now everything comes off very easily and without the degreaser.

Sorry, it still just blows my mind that people half ass wash their cars. It's like brushing half of your teeth IMO. Takes an extra 5 minutes to do everything the right way

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
do not spray purple power anywhere near your paint.

Use megs degreasers or a lightly cut apc for wheel well stains. Dish soap is also not designed for automotive paint. It is high in alkaline and has been proven over and over to dry out trim and crack clear with repeated use.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
do not spray purple power anywhere near your paint.

Use megs degreasers or a lightly cut apc for wheel well stains. Dish soap is also not designed for automotive paint. It is high in alkaline and has been proven over and over to dry out trim and crack clear with repeated use.

He's asking about wheel wells. What I listed is completely fine if regular scrubbing with car shampoo won't cut it.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
He's asking about wheel wells. What I listed is completely fine if regular scrubbing with car shampoo won't cut it.

No, it is not perfectly fine. There is plenty of chance for that to spray on to the paint. Use a product thats actually meant for automotive use. A gallon of megs degreaser is a lot cheaper and goes a lot further than a pre mixed gallon of purple power.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
You can spray directly on a cloth...just giving OP ideas. Mine never get dirty enough to merit that, but he's selling and wants it to have the appearance of being clean.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You can spray directly on a cloth...just giving OP ideas. Mine never get dirty enough to merit that, but he's selling and wants it to have the appearance of being clean.

and im saying its a bad idea, that stuff is too strong to work with, its really meant for removing stains from concrete.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back