Any Coyote guys upgrade your plugs? To what?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone has swapped out their plugs to something "better"? If so what are you using?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
When I bought mine, the previous owner installed Brisk Racing Silver plugs, 1 step cooler than stock, since he was running a light shot of nitro. I still have them in the car now, and I guess they are good.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used the NGK 1 step colder when I was FI but unless you are FI I see no reason to use anything but the stock plugs.

I would never use Brisk.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I used the NGK 1 step colder when I was FI but unless you are FI I see no reason to use anything but the stock plugs.

I would never use Brisk.

May I ask why you wouldn't use Brisk? I'm not really particular to the brand, it is just what came with the car when I got it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are better for the 5.0's but a lot of people had issues with them for the 3v's; I had a set installed in my car my mistake and 1 of the tips was completely gone, caused a lot of headaches.

No way they are worth the money either.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe they are better for the 5.0's but a lot of people had issues with them for the 3v's; I had a set installed in my car my mistake and 1 of the tips was completely gone, caused a lot of headaches.

No way they are worth the money either.

I use Brisk silver plugs in my 2010 ( 3 v 4.6L) + M90 blower. These are the plugs that are NOT one heat range colder. ( I only have 5.8 psi boost). Zero problems with them, they work great imo. Gapped to .035" Vmp tells me if you go >10.5 psi boost, then it's time to go one heat range colder.. ( and also reduce the gap). Folks with 8 psi may or may not go one heat range colder. With 8 psi, gap is typ down to .032"

This is the 1st I have heard of anybody having issues with Brisk plugs. They could have made a bad batch though....anything is possible.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you do a search on here for Brisk plugs you will read a lot of people who had issues with them.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Guess I'm going to switch to NGKs some time soon, and back to stock heat range. JPC and Brenspeed both sell Brisk and FRPP/NGK. Did see a few other sites that weren't Mustang related talking about fouled Brisk plugs from a couple years ago as well.

A question that could be related to this topic, MSD and Accel claim to have these coil packs that are better than factory, but both cost around $300-$400. Are those really worth the coin, or are the stock ones just fine until they wear out? I know most tend to only replace them with MSD or Accel when the stock ones run out, unless they just have money to blow.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
anyone know any good deals on the stockers? mine need to be changed

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
So I switched my Brisk (1 heat range colder) plugs out for NGK Iridium IX's, stock heat range. The Brisk's were gapped at .035 while the NGK's came gapped at .043 (I left it at that). Below is the result of the Brisk's after at least 45k miles (I don't know when the previous owner put them in):

Top is driver's side, Bottom is passenger's side. The spark plugs were pulled from front to back (shown in left to right order here):
15412472375_71b4694feb_b.jpg

Passenger close up:
15389418796_1d496e8cc0_b.jpg

Driver close up:
15412119152_8b33d4e5aa_b.jpg

What I did notice while taking the Brisk's out, was that the front plug on the driver's side was a little too easy in loosening the plug. It did have a bit of oil on the tip of the COP, and bottom of the plug cavity. All the others I had to fight the initial "break" when taking them out, but I guess they didn't make sure the one on the driver's side was snug.

I'll drive this around a few days before seeing if there was any differences.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Honestly....the BEST upgrade for the Coyote is for sure switching to Glow-plugs. You can pick up 5hp per plug. 8plugs=40hp. Not bad power gains for the money. It's a no brainer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back