Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Discussion in 'Other Hobbies' started by Black_GT, Dec 16, 2008.

1. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Agree with TDK trilogy being more of a crime drama than a superhero movie. They're fantastic.

xeninworx likes this.
  2. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

So Godzilla Vs Kong over the weekend, first time being back in a theatre in over year.

Long Review

Really enjoyed the movie. Probably the second best entry in the monsterverse (Godzilla 14, Kong Skull Island, Godzilla King of the Monsters). It's definitely more of a Kong movie featuring Godzilla. Godzilla gets plenty of screen time, but the story moves through Kong. It's pretty much two stories being told at once, and then the characters intersect. I'd say its like a 65% split of Kong's story and 35% Godzilla's. The action scenes were fantastic and the monster fights were amazing. Probably the best part is we did get some solid action in day time, and the battle at night was very well lit so you could actually see what the hell was happening. Tons of easter eggs to old Godzilla and kong movies and even a lot of references to classic action movies. You don't expect a great plot in monster movies, if you get one its more of a reward. The plot is basic enough and does the job of setting up why the monsters are fighting. Can't say much else without getting into spoilers so.

Things I didn't like. The pacing is a bit of a double edge sword. It makes sure to get to the action fast but I feel like they cut a lot of the basic plot out. The last 3 movies really set Monarch up as being an important part of this universe and in this movie Monarch was barely even there. One of the main characters from Godzilla king of the monsters had maybe 10 minutes of screen time. It made it seem almost like an after thought like oh shit we need to get some of these characters in here from previous movies for some continuity. Also another character in the movie feels like they had their whole sub plot cut and it really doesn't make sense for this character to even be in there. Movie probably should have been 20-30 minutes longer and it could have really helped flesh out some of the characters and plot points

TLDR quick review

Did not disappoint. Delivers on its promise of big monsters fighting. SFX were incredible, knew exactly what it is and had a basic enough plot that did just enough to move the monster action.

bujeezus likes this.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Seeing previews for the new Jason Statham movie Wrath of Man, looks awesome, can't wait to see it.

bujeezus likes this.
  4. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

I loved G vs. K. I can't wait to watch it again! Just got to get the wife into something else. Lol!

5. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

GvK was good - really enjoyed it.

6. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

my 17 yo saw GvK in the theater and said it was "ehh" glad to hear some other views, will have to watch it

7. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

I did grow up watching the originals, so it is nice to see an updated film with excellent sfx.

Shaffe likes this.
  8. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

saw The Marksman yesterday, good flick overall

9. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Was that the one with Liam Neeson?

10. stkjock

yep

11. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

We watched a couple recently:

Mortal Kombat on HBO: decent flick if you are a fan of the games. Kano steals the show.

Nobody: early access rental on Amazon. Real good. Action flick done by the John Wick guy.

12. JJ427R

JJ427R Senior Member

Did you see the Oscars drew less than 10 million viewers the other night. Used to be a day when everyone watched, not so many years ago was 90 million, last year was 22 million. Appears people are sick of actors political views...

Last movie I saw in a theater was True Grit......

13. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Final trailer for Halloween Kills. Huge fan of the Halloween series, loved Halloween 2018. This looks like its going to awesome

14. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

Diehard series - YKYMF... need I say more?

diehard.jpg

15. stkjock

Many Saints of Newark…..
    Many disappointed

16. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Venom is good, if you liked the first one you'll like this one.

Bond is great.

17. xeninworx

xeninworx Member

Free Guy was entertaining and really funny.

18. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Saw Halloween Kills saturday morning. Was very entertaining. If you liked Halloween 2018 I think you will really like HK. Definitely more of a total slasher with gory brutal kills than scary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.