Anybody use VHT tint for taillight? Results?

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the specifics. I'll try it your way and post results. I may still go ahead on spray on some clear just for protection.

So, yours doesn't scratch or mess up easily with no clear on them?

Sweet car btw. That's how I want the back of mine to look as far as darkness goes

No problem man!! and nope they dont scratch easily at all...they actually have held up a lot better than I expected without using a clear coat...I honestly dont think you will need it as long as you take your time with the wet sanding and polishing...and thanks man!! I love the look of them...definately gives the car a mean look from behind...I've got the front blacked out as well :)

mycar-1.jpg

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'm glad you said that Van. I hadn't even thought about the fact that I needed to do my markers, too. lol

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Did you guys need to sand the lights before spraying the tint on them, too Or just after the tint was on?

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Did you guys need to sand the lights before spraying the tint on them, too Or just after the tint was on?

I cant remember honestly...but it seems that I didnt sand on the lights just the tint...if you lightly sand the lights before application I would think the tint would stick better but you might see a haze under the tint

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I just watched a killer how to video on U-tube and the guy wet sanded the lights, then put on the tint, then wet sanded again and used Ultimate compound to polish them. He just used a spray clear.

I found a kit with the tint and clear (both by VHT) on e bay for $19 and picked it up just now. I'll post results when it comes and I get it done. I'm not sure if I'll do my headlights or not, I just bought some Xenon bulbs and I like my visability, lol But the tails and the markers are getting done ASAP

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
check these out before spraying your sides

http://www.360tuners.com/mustang_1.aspx

Those smoke and amber turn signals are the exact ones I have. I f-ing love those things!!!

The sides on there are nice, but for the money I think I'm just going to tint mine. I think I want them a little darker than those so they match my car better. But, with a care any other color I'd be all over those things

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. The last part on the 2nd vid is pretty funny.

"All you guys that have ever been lonely on a friday night...":roflmao:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Yeah, it was all professional and then he said that, lol Caught me off guard. Talk about beating it like it owes you money, lol

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
Just like most everyone said, vht's the shit. I used it to blackout all the lights on my car and never had a problem. It comes right off w/ some laquer thinner so you can always re-do and experiment with it.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Rear side markers yes they do need tinted bad...as for the front signals no...mine are clear with a black housing...I love the look of them

Your sig pic has the orange, so I ASSumed. :thumb2: I was going to say full switch out, my factory were lightly tinted but I still switched to these, and love 'em.

2LBMST05JMTM.JPG

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Nice job looks mean

mycar2.jpg

I used it and loved it...its been on my car for over 2 years with no reconditioning and they still look great!! What I did was spray them a little darker than the darkness I was wanting so that I could wetsand them and still keep them dark...I probably but 4-5 coats on mine then wetsanded with 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth/even them out then wetsanded again with 3000 grit...after that I polished them with an orbital buffer to a shine...this left them with a nice glossy finish and I didnt use a clear coat. Very easy to do...once out of the car I was probably done within an hour...the part that took the longest was letting the spray dry before wetsanding

I like the look Black all around looks mean.

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Your sig pic has the orange, so I ASSumed. :thumb2: I was going to say full switch out, my factory were lightly tinted but I still switched to these, and love 'em.

2LBMST05JMTM.JPG

Yeah that pic was taken before I got the black housed clear corners...mine are similar to these ^^ but without the amber

I like the look Black all around looks mean.

Thanks man!!

blown05gt

Reaction score
here is a pic of mine and my buddies.. they were done with vht and we still have not wetsanded them yet when this pic was taken... and i know my third brake light needs to be done..lol...
100_1553.jpg

carlos

Back