Anybody use VHT tint for taillight? Results?

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
mine came out pretty good.

download-1.jpg

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Cops don't give you guys any problems?

Depends on your local laws, and PD. At the PD I work at we normally don't ticket for it if you can clearly see the lights through it. This includes being able to see the running lights through it though.

My general rule of thumb is don't be stupid with it. Got a guy with an Altima one night that tinted them so dark you could barely even see the lights when he pressed on the brakes, and couldn't see the running lights at all unless you got out and walked up to the car.

Same things goes for front lights about being smart. Our local laws are the lights have to project 50 feet in front of the car, or we can cite for it. Again, most places won't stop you for it though unless it is a hazard.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
:clap: Digging up a nearly 6 year old thread.

But...I tinted mine on my old Tahoe and got hassled a few times by cops in Southern California. Got over it after a few months and bought a new set. If you really want black, functioning lights save up and get the Raxiom Gen 5's.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how many people not paying attention have rear ended cars with dark tinted lights and were found not at fault because of the dark tail light tint? I love the look, but I'm not willing to risk not getting compensated from some asshole rear ending me because my tail lights are too dark. Too many people texting and driving today can easily use this as an excuse. I could see how the insurance and or courts would not rule in favor of altered lights.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back