Anyone have a pick of the location of the vss wire?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Ok, where the hell is this vss wire...lol. I heard its drk blue/yellow, but the wiring diagram on alldatadiy.com says that controls something different. Anyone have a pic of this wire and where in the harness it is?:thud:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but I ended up saying screw it and bought the pac module/harness, so now I have an extra harness...lol. The pac module adds a illumination, vss, reverse light, and parking brake wire to the harness so you don't have to chase down the correct wires in the car. I bypassed the safety on the F90bt, so I didn't use the parking, and reverse wire. Unit is pretty awsome! Also found out that you could watch internet movies over the iphone and they play on the deck which is pretty cool. I ended up mounting the mic in the headliner by the map lights and the sat ant. is in the back window. Now I just have to buy the antenna adapter tomorrow, wire up the shaker 1000 addon and I can button it up along with finally mounting my switch panel from Alan@SOS.:beerchug2:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shit, sorry Kim. Didn't even notice this thread. I coulda saved you some time and trouble. I was probably one of the first to trace down the VSS wire back in April of 05!

pcm_plug-edited.jpg

Old pic, and from a 2005 model. I think they might have changed wires in maybe mid 06 (if I remember right). And for anyone that wants to hook up a narrow band (although not sure why) I have that wire marked on this picture as well.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't get the damn key beeper to go off ahh any of yall figure it out

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead - I'm installing a Pioneer 3200DVD this weekend. It does not have Navi. Is there any need to hook up the VSS wire? I've googled the crap out of this question and there does not seem to be an answer.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Nope, you won't need it. Alot of the new gps units don't even use it now. At least the new pioneer's. Definitely won't need it on a non-gps unit.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I need this same wire, preferably under the dash, for the 2013. I *believe* it's the same blue/yellow wire (I hooked up my 05 with that wire via the PCM plug), but I want to be sure. I took a picture of it under the dash, it was in a plug that was clipped onto the inside fender-side under the dash behind the steering wheel, but I want to be extra sure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back