Anyone with a tvs gen 2 need help.

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of installing a vmp gen 2 kit from a 2015 mustang on my 2011. The person I bought the kit from was running breathers.

After looking at the install instructions I’m not sure where to connect the vacuum tube. I’ve looked and looked at pictures online of various setups and they all seem to have a small tube right about where my unit seems to have a press fit cap.

Instead I have a brass fitting with two barbs. One is connected to the bypass, the other is open. Can anyone please help?!

66F7C570-C132-48C6-8C39-800AA9DD921E.jpeg

239BC772-5016-4454-878E-92CE9386726C.jpeg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well, since you cannot leave an open fitting on the intake then you obviously need to hook something up there. And it will have vacuum.

You're definitely going to need an oil catch can on the breather. IMO the JLT units suck and are a waste of money. I ended up with two in series on my car with the second catching almost as much oil as the first. You're better off getting a better designed unit like the Bob's catch can.

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, so this is ok like this? I can hook the vacuum hose up to this open fitting? As for catch can, I purchased the upr.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back