Apache's At Work. WARNING! NOT FOR SQEAMISH!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
holy shit! awesome!
How far is that chopper out? I assume they don't hear or see the chopper.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
holy shit! awesome!

They hear them. They know they are gonna get fucked if they don't hide deep enough.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'm sure those choppers are the #1 cause for anal leakage in that region right now.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
holy shit! awesome!

IIRC the M230 that the Apache has, has a range of 5500 meters so I would say at least 5500 meters out. The Hellfire missiles are 8000 meter range so they had no trouble finding their target lol.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy shit! I wonder if those dumb fuc!ers even know what is about to happen to them right before hell rains down on them. And as someone else asked I wonder if they even know where the copters are.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
IIRC the M230 that the Apache has, has a range of 5500 meters so I would say at least 5500 meters out. The Hellfire missiles are 8000 meter range so they had no trouble finding their target lol.

It's not a M230 grenade launcher. It's a 30MM gun. They usually shoot from half a mile or more away but can shoot up to a distance of about 1 1/2 miles. Most pilots can't hit shit at that range though. Hellfires are a different story and also cost the Army over $1,000,000 per Hellfire. So they must be approved to use them lol.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine was in the patrol they tried to ambush.

I love this video.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It's not a M230 grenade launcher. It's a 30MM gun. They usually shoot from half a mile or more away but can shoot up to a distance of about 1 1/2 miles. Most pilots can't hit shit at that range though. Hellfires are a different story and also cost the Army over $1,000,000 per Hellfire. So they must be approved to use them lol.

Correct me if I am wrong but the M230 is a 30mm cannon that uses a chain style ammunition feeding system unless I am thinking of something else. And most are fired within 2000 meters in order to accurately hit their target. I could be wrong though since it has been about 7 years since I have really read up on the Apache's. I always wanted to be an Apache pilot by my eye sight isn't near good enough to be a pilot.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but the M230 is a 30mm cannon that uses a chain style ammunition feeding system unless I am thinking of something else. And most are fired within 2000 meters in order to accurately hit their target. I could be wrong though since it has been about 7 years since I have really read up on the Apache's. I always wanted to be an Apache pilot by my eye sight isn't near good enough to be a pilot.

Sorry my Dyslexia kicked in there. I read M203 lol.
2000 meters is over half a mile too :)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Seems your only hope is to lie perfectly still far away from anybody else and hope the guy looking through the infrared thinks you're already dead.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back