Are YOUR Fender Lips Rolled? (From The Factory)

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
When I bought my 2011 GT 2 years ago, I noticed that the right rear fender lipped appeared to be rolled, but the left one did not. No big deal, since It had plenty of clearance with the GT500 wheels that were on it. Fast forward to last week, when I put some 15mm spacers on the rear to get it flush, and now the left rear fender lip touches the tire when I hit a big bump. I called a few places that roll fenders and they both told me that they should be flat, as in pre-rolled, from the factory. I explained that only my right side is like that, and they both basically told me I was crazy. One of them told me it was rubbing because my subframe was out of alignment LOL!
FWIW, I have an adjustable panhard bar and I can move the rear end over to the right so it doesn’t rub on the left, but then it’s visually noticeable that it’s not even. So, what do YOUR fender lips look like?

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I can't really get a picture of them, but all four of mine are rolled. The rear are flat, and the front are about a 30 degree angle. Car is an 09.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Has the car been in a wreck and had that fender replaced with an aftermarket part? The fenders on both sides of my ‘13 GT are rolled from the factory (bought it new).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
OP; In these cases, pictures are worth their weight in Gold. :D

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Fender is front, quarter panel is rear.
So after putting rear spacers on you rub on the side that is not rolled, correct?

Most cars today have a hem flange, they fold the panel over to attach it to the tub. Much like how a door skin is attached to the door shell. I would look to see if there are signs of repairs in the area. Sounds like they missed a step.

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
CARFAX does show a rear end accident but the only evidence I could find was that when you open the gas filler door, you could tell that the screws that attach the filler neck have been removed because some of the paint is missing on the screws. So yah, it looks like it probably had the left quarter panel replaced. Here are some pics, taken directly from below:

6B794101-45D4-4C15-BD16-6FEE3E8A9033.jpeg

2638E248-04AF-4C06-9D21-0E5B8508F175.jpeg

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
Sorry, the pics aren’t great. It’s hard to tell, but the first pic is the left side and the second is the right. You can see the difference in clearance. This is with the rear and perfectly centered.

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
Fender is front, quarter panel is rear.
So after putting rear spacers on you rub on the side that is not rolled, correct?

Most cars today have a hem flange, they fold the panel over to attach it to the tub. Much like how a door skin is attached to the door shell. I would look to see if there are signs of repairs in the area. Sounds like they missed a step.
Yes, that’s correct; it rubs on the left side, which is not rolled flat.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I agree, that's a repop quarter. It needs to be rolled. Find someone that has a roller. Awhile back there was one floating around on this forum, or another one, don't remember. You could borrow it for the cost of shipping.

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
I agree, that's a repop quarter. It needs to be rolled. Find someone that has a roller. Awhile back there was one floating around on this forum, or another one, don't remember. You could borrow it for the cost of shipping.

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I actually found a shop nearby that has a good reputation that says they’ll roll it for $40. I’m going to bring it to them next week. I’ll report back on how it goes.

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
I went to get my lip rolled today. I found a place called Deity Motorsports here in the OC. He looked at my car and found evidence that the 1/4 panel had been replaced. He said they did a really nice job on it, so that’s god to know. He was concerned about rolling the lip because of the possibility that there may be some body filler that could crack in the process. So instead, he trimmed the lip and painted the exposed edge. He charged me $80, which I think was more than fair. Here’s a pic from below.

AF6EDFDA-880F-42AA-9541-2F95B2013A52.jpeg

travelers

Reaction score
My '11 GT has both sides flat. You probable have a replacement rear quarter. Is the car new to you?

Bigdaddybry

Reaction score
My '11 GT has both sides flat. You probable have a replacement rear quarter. Is the car new to you?
I’ve had the car 2 years. It looks like the general consensus is that I have a replacement rear quarter. The car looks great and tracks nice & straight so I’m not too worried about it. Most importantly, the tires don’t rub any more!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back