average MPG reset itself

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
So this is the second time this has happened. The first was months ago, can't remember exactly when.

But when I started my car up this morning to go to work, the average MPG had reset itself. It also kind of hung around 2000-23000k rpm for a second or two after I backed up, then went down to idle rpm. I did not have my foot on the pedal during this and this was the first time it had done this.

I have a 40min drive into work, couple stop and go's, mostly 60-70mph, I do get to go from stop to 70, which is always fun, but the car behaved normally the rest of the drive.

Oh, no codes either and battery was replaced about 3 months ago. So, just a fluke? Maybe the wife took the car on a joyride last night and reset it? lol

travelers

Reaction score
Just for shits and grins I would put a volt meter on the battery not running and running.
Check with the wife also. Lol

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
i'll try it when I get home. Radio presets and settings were all still there, so it's not like it lost power or had a cable disconnect. Strange.

KonaMustangGT

Reaction score
I had that happen last January, but it was immediately following the crank event. I suspect if the battery voltage gets low enough, the instrument cluster will be the first to reset. I replaced the battery as a precaution (it was the original).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back