Battery relocation kits

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Looking to free up some weight and space up front. Has anyone put one in there mustang and if so how much power cable was needed. I figured 15ft would be safe?!?!
Thanks

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Just installed one on mine and used the Moroso sealed box with the jegs wiring kit. 15' power and 3' ground. Only needed 14' or so
apyqavuv.jpg

sahega5e.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a CX Racing relo going in on Monday, used the Taylors on my 2010, they are very similar and 15 ft is what you need.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
Put battery in the tire well in the center and used welding cable #1 and #2 . 20ft of #1 and 30ft of #2 used the #2 for the ground and to make the battery harness instead of using the stock one . Follow the above threads and spend the extra $ and run the ground from the battery in the trunk to the motor were the oem ground was . Thats what I did have no problems at all with charging. THe battery box I used a Battery box I bought at walmart and cut it down to fit in the spare tire well It works great cleans up the trunk and you don't even know it's there .

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
Hey check out TURBOFOCUS thread I think he put his in the spare tire well .

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with Scott on Todd's (tmcolegr) thread,seems like a very good write up. and you can't beat an Odyssey battery, but if you get one,make sure to get the one with the metal jacket...

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I've come across some battery boxes and I have everything but wire. Looking to put them up for sale on here next week sometime. I'd like to do them as complete kits.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I like my Taylor I suppose. The aluminum box can be a bit of a PITA if not mounted on an absolutely flat surface. I have a vert so I have even less room.

Bought my kit from summit. If you go to the track you will have to get a quick discconnect as the battery will not be in stock location. The disconnect will have to be able to shut the whole car off (will if wired correctly)

There was also a member on here with a horrible experience with CX Racing.. I would avoid them.

20130601_130444_zps2172e2a1.jpg

I mounted my disconnect next to the license plate

2012-08-19175643.jpg

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I love your set up. I'm wondering where to put everything as I want to do a battery relocation, am about to add a bottle, and I want to do an air lift system next year. Plus I have a vert and the shaker 1000 subs too. I like how you've got your trunk set up.

crownaviation

Reaction score
I love your set up. I'm wondering where to put everything as I want to do a battery relocation, am about to add a bottle, and I want to do an air lift system next year. Plus I have a vert and the shaker 1000 subs too. I like how you've got your trunk set up.

Bout the only way I could make it work lol. I figure a spare tire is worthless anyway as my car is lowered and could not get any kind of jack under there anyway.. especially with a flat.

I carpeted the entire floor of the trunk first and love the way it turned out. For the "rim" of the tire well I just used some of that rubber garage door strip and some plastic body pins. Really like that.. the carpet looked like shit without it.

Also there are channels in the trunk floor that will help conceal all the wiring for the most part. I did spend a bunch of time thinking about it first tho. Was not in a hurry by any means. One of the things I would have done is make some sort of standoff for the bottle so it can sit lengthwise. I am on a fairly small shot right now so not a big deal but going bigger if I keep the TVS.. then I will have to mount the bottle a little different.

That's beautiful Crown!!

Why thank you!

Last edited:

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score

Used the taylor kit as well with welding cable. I also ran my alternator back to the battery as well using 2 gauge welding cable

Crown, thanks for the pic of the disconnect, I've been racking my brain as to where I was going to install mine. I'm going to copy you.

crownaviation

Reaction score
Crown, thanks for the pic of the disconnect, I've been racking my brain as to where I was going to install mine. I'm going to copy you.

I bought a brand called quickcar. Really happy with it and use it often. When the car is sitting I shut it off so the battery does not drain down. Had to form the plate around the curve slightly at the end and shave the plate that goes towards the bumper so it did not stick out but can be done with a simple file. You would never know either... turned out nice.

Will get a pic up in a few

I do like your bracket for the bottles! For my small dry shot my bottle is fine the way it is. If I kick up the n20 then I am going to either need to do that or buy a NANNO system

Last edited:

crownaviation

Reaction score
QuickCar Part number MDS10

The insulator inside the bumper cover also needs to be trimmed a little but no big deal at all. I cut a small hole out to get the cable thru to the trunk. Just make sure to use a large grommet and something to keep the grommet from coming off like some gasket maker or something. Obviously you don't want the sharp sheet metal cutting thru the cables. That would potentially create a ground rendering the switch useless lol.

transferphone8-2013121_zps1cdec862.jpg

transferphone8-2013122_zpsbdc0a938.jpg

Last edited:

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
QuickCar Part number MDS10

The insulator inside the bumper cover also needs to be trimmed a little but no big deal at all. I cut a small hole out to get the cable thru to the trunk. Just make sure to use a large grommet and something to keep the grommet from coming off like some gasket maker or something. Obviously you don't want the sharp sheet metal cutting thru the cables. That would potentially create a ground rendering the switch useless lol.

transferphone8-2013122_zpsbdc0a938.jpg

That's so cool

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back