Best diff for drag racing

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
My car gets raced every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the summer and it has taken a toll on my Eaton Diff. When the rear gets hot, it acts like it's a spool. I am going to replace the diff this winter but wanted advice as to which doff to get. I looked at Torsen diffs but keep hearing they aren't good for drag racing. I thought about just getting another Eaton clutch type diff and accepting that it will need replaced every couple of seasons.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Just beat the crap out of my truetrac at the dragstrip. Consistent 1.5s without a hiccup and it's great for the street.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trutrac is good for about 600 hp after that it becomes questionable for reliability. Over 600hp go with a Tracklock or a spool.

Earl

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Alright. Since it is still street driven, a true trac it is. Thanks for the advice.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy shit Matt D lives.

Trutrac here at 800ish whp

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have had a couple different cars with spools. Not bad as long as you don't get into any rain or wet weather. And it can wear the rear tires a little if you make lots of tight turns. I wouldn't recommend one for a daily driver though. Track only car or one that sees very little street duty in nice weather, spools are awesome in my opinion.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I i seen is good and bad thing about the trutrac and i was one of the few that had a bad experience. 12 passes and it was gone, the passes weren't even my best 60's..

but a lot of people seams to enjoy the trutrac. the only thing i realy dont like is the warranty. obviously people look for trutrac to drag or just run their cars faster and trutrac wont cover drag racing so i didnt like that. Some body recommended me wavetrac and i did look into and is covered for drag racing and up to 1,000 hp cars.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a while till I can do it since I have a Lentech 4r70 on it's way. Done messing around and it's time to do some points racing at Atco.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm now leaning towards a spool. I'm just a little concerned with driving it on the street. It is only driven to and from the track. One track is 35 minutes away and the other track is 20 minutes away. Both require driving on twisty roads to get to them.

Are c-clip eliminators required for spools?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back