Best hood struts

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking at The Redline elites or the MRT's: In your opinions, which are the best. I read that the MRT (CDC ETC) all bolt to existing bolts whereas the Redline elites are rivets etc....does anyone have expereince with either one and which one they suggest is best? I am looking for all opinions here as I am tired of opening the hood at a meet and showing off the Ford Focus Prop rod...
TJ

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
We prefer the MRT/CDC hood struts all bolt holes are already there and they are less obtrusive and don't get in the way at all when working on the car. The Redlines because they mount further out can get in the way when working.

donnyonee

forum member
Reaction score
althou my redlines have been no problem and do work fine.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had the Redlines since they first came out for the S197s. They haven't gotten in the way any, and haven't failed. As to whether or not they are "the best"... well, all I can say is they work fine for me. Unlike some...just because they are what I own doesn't mean I am going to jump up and say that product is the best. I will just tell you whether or not they work.

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Just put the Redline Elites on mine. They work great & look nice in stainless. They don't seem like they'd get in the way.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Redline and love them

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I just put the CDC struts on this weekend. Installed easy with a second set of hands to hold the hood and they work like butter!

pachary

Reaction score
The new Redlines mount differently. The lower mount is a bolt through ball stud, and the lower is now more towards the rear. Look at the pics on the website.

Paul

Attachments

• front-corner.gif
    front-corner.gif
    90.3 KB · Views: 17

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the MRT/CDC struts! I've seen both in person back to back, and the MRT's hold the hood a bit higher, and they also leave more room to work on either side of the car.

Both will work great, and look great, but I prefer the MRT.

I just put the CDC struts on this weekend. Installed easy with a second set of hands to hold the hood and they work like butter!

Welcome aboard Chad!!! Lovin' that avatar...:naughty:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have had the Redlines since they first came out for the S197s. They haven't gotten in the way any, and haven't failed.
+1... I have had the Redlines for about 2 years now. They have functioned perfectly ever since, and not once have they ever interfered with working under the hood.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome bro! Yeah, that avitar is pretty funny. :hammer: That is, if you are one of the select few that know what it is.:beer:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back