Best wax for a black car. 2006 GT

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Finally warm outside and I'm getting to move in to the house I just bought this coming Wednesday, so I'll be installing my M90 supercharger and then waxing it after I get it put on =)

Curious what you guys use on the UA black, if it matters. Also I have several paint chips I'm noticing recently, should I bother putting any kind of touch up paint on it or will it just look worse xD

Thanks!

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I only use Adams wax, not a cleaner wax, so I do it often without worry. It works great on every color I've tried. I glaze then wax, all with Adams

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I use chemical guy's black light with either black wax or pete's 53. Surf City has some good products for being a mainstream product.

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I only use Adams wax, not a cleaner wax, so I do it often without worry. It works great on every color I've tried. I glaze then wax, all with Adams

^This.

I've used a lot of products over time and have stopped at Adams. Been using it for almost 2 years now and I've never come close to the results I get with them.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Is the paint in good condition? If so, I would go with a non filler wax or sealant. If it has scratches, try CG's Blacklight/Lava combo, has some good fillers and great shine.

If you get wax/sealant in the paint chips they may look white and become more obvious. If you can, fill them in prior, let them dry then wax. If not, just use like a q-tip or toothpick and you should be able to remove the leftover stuff easily.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a big CG fan. I've tried their "Black" wax and Blacklight. Both good products. But I found that I was able to get the same/better shine much easier with their V07 spray sealant followed up by their Vintage Series Speed Wipe quick detailer. The real key to any black car is prep. For me I don't drive the car daily or in the rain and it stays garaged, so I can bypass the clay bar. If I have any light scratches at all I take my PC and buff them out with some Menzerna P4500 before spraying on the V07. I'm very happy with this combo.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly man as super slow said it should be based on your paint. For a paint that needs work black light or auto finesse triple will fill the defects. Then wax on top. I use AF Triple in my engine bay for the ease of use and it's awesome with "filling". I like Petes 53 on black has a deep wet look. I also love AF Illusion it kind of depends on your price range 50 vs 120.

For your chips check out drcolorchip.com

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Meguiars 105, then 205, chemical guys blacklight 2 coats, and chemical guys jet seal 2 coats, then wiped down with v07

7aba8e5a.jpg

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good 007GTCS but the JS layered on top of the BL is overkill. The BL does not have a long life and the JS cannot bond to the paint so once the BL wears off the JS will go along with it. BL has a better shine IMO then JS but JS has a longer life/durability. Just trying to help save you a few bucks since JS isn't cheap.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Have been using "wet obsession" wax for the past 8 yrs--would not trade it.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
This was my car after a full correction with Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection topped with a coat of Pete's 53.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Celeste Dettaglio

/endthread

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Celeste Dettaglio

/endthread

Celeste is a good wax but there are other waxes out there. For that 100 dollar mark vs 170 you can still get some very high quality waxes. For around 100 you have Zymol Glasur and AF Illusion. More affordable you have Pete's 53, zymol carbon, CG 5050 for all around 50ish.

More then likely OP isn't going to spend 170 on a pot of wax

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm picking up a pot of Celeste Dettaglio, pot of purple haze pro & a pot of blue velvet pro for $120

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I'm picking up a pot of Celeste Dettaglio, pot of purple haze pro & a pot of blue velvet pro for $120

Yea I know. And I know who exactly your getting them from, trust me we chatted. I'm not saying celeste is a bad it's not its a very good wax but to buy it new it's 170 not many people are going to spend that new. Unless someone is willing to let it go like your instance then it won't be cheaper.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Correct. I like Pete's 53. Use that a lot. Just looking for new stuff now. Damn this addiction

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly man as super slow said it should be based on your paint. For a paint that needs work black light or auto finesse triple will fill the defects. Then wax on top. I use AF Triple in my engine bay for the ease of use and it's awesome with "filling". I like Petes 53 on black has a deep wet look. I also love AF Illusion it kind of depends on your price range 50 vs 120.

For your chips check out drcolorchip.com

http://www.drcolorchip.com/select-color.php
They don't have UA black =( Looking for a 2006 GT
After watching the demo, that looked amazing! I have a lot more than I thought when I just looked closely yesterday. I also have several small dings... any trick to getting those out?

Anyone know if drcolorchip can mix UA black if I ask?

Edit: Oh the bottom line has UA/M6373/M6877. "Black Ebony". It looks green though where it shows the color... Think that's it though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back