Best Wax

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for opinions the the best wax for a black car.I know I'm due for a clay bar but I'm not ready to do it just yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I like the way my car looks after I use Turtle Wax Black Box. Not the longest lasting but it does look good on black.

IMG_9295.jpg

ZF-5941-29699-1-002.jpg

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I like the way my car looks after I use Turtle Wax Black Box. Not the longest lasting but it does look good on black.

I use that too, for the price and looks it can't be beat.

Attachments

• blkstng 001.jpg
    blkstng 001.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

brady_f

D1SC
Reaction score
Blackfire Wet Diamond

BWD is a sealant

Dodo juice I have heard is very very good never personal used it because it is very expensive.

Their supernatural wax is pretty good stuff

I use that too, for the price and looks it can't be beat.

If price is an issue you could go with the lower end Pinnacle line or Poor Boy's Natty Blue. All depends upon how much you wanna spend.

trucker

Reaction score
try the new meguiar's ultimate wax
full synthetic hydrophobic product code G18216
you will love this stuff I just did a car with this
last week it is fantastic

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
For the money Natty's blue is awesome stuff.

Yes, Blackfire Wet Diamond is a sealant. But it's one hell of a good sealant. I use it all the time on my car. I whip out the Natty's for the shows, though.

28ONE

Reaction score
I use Wet Obsession myself. Easy on and easy off, even when it's cold out...

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
Money not really an issue if the stuff REALLY works. Has anyone ever used this any of these products in heat or direct sun? Being in South Florida, heat and the sun is always an issue. Cold, not so much...

LegendLives

Reaction score
With that said I would go more toward a sealant as a carnuba wax will melt, I know, I know it sounds funny but if you dont mind waxing it often, then ok.

28ONE

Reaction score
Money not really an issue if the stuff REALLY works. Has anyone ever used this any of these products in heat or direct sun? Being in South Florida, heat and the sun is always an issue. Cold, not so much...

I can try it out in the sun on Thursday...unfortunately the weather here in California is still cold.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
If you can ever get a hand on some Meguiars #16, do it. It's been long discontinued due to VOC regulations but it's one of the best waxes of all time in my opinion. My personal favorites are #16, Pinnacle Souveran, Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 or 5050, Poorboy's Natty's Red, in no order. I'm interested in trying out some Wet Obsession though and see how it compares. How does it compare to a wax like Souveran?

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a wax

Awesome. Next time I feel like detailing my car, it's getting a clay bar, glaze (Meguiar's Ultimate Polish), sealant (Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0), and wax (Meguiar's Gold Class).

You have created a monster. :crazy:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back