Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant A+++

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Last night I finally got a chance to use some of the car care products we started offering. John@Lethal sent me home with some Pinnacle ultra poly clay bars, Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant, Cobra Microfiber Towels and a few applicator pads.

My truck was filthy so I figured I'd start with it instead of one of my stangs. I started by washing the truck with soapy mixture of Dawn and water to remove any wax I previously had on it. Then I used the clay bar with some soapy water as well. I clay'd the truck not too long ago so there wasn't a lot to remove. Washed it off and dried the truck.

The next step was to apply the Blackfire Wet Diamond. This was my first time using it so John explained to me the best way to apply it. He recommended using a small amount of Blackfire on the microfiber applicator. You only need about a dime size amount for a pretty descent section as it spreads real easy. I applied it by hand in soft circular motions which didn't take long at all as again this stuff goes on very easy.

Once the entire truck was done I let it dry for 30 minutes. After it was completely dry I used the Cobra microfiber towels to remove all of the dried up sealant. I finished after it was dark so I couldn't see how nice of a finish it left but when I woke up this morning and went out to take a look I was super impressed. The truck looks amazing. You can even feel the difference when touching the paint surface.

Definitely glad I took the time to do this as my truck really needed it.

Here's a few pics I took with my Iphone. I'll make sure to take some better pics with my wife's camera later today once the sun goes down a bit.
IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Here's the links to the products I used.

Pinnacle Clay Bar
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ca...322_11337/pinnacle-ultra-poly-claybar-p-37189

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ca...7/blackfire-wet-diamond-sealant-16-oz-p-37469

Cobra Microfiber Towels
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ca...11329/cobra-miracle-microfiber-towels-p-37210

Microfiber Applicator
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ca...11322_11329/microfiber-applicator-pad-p-37208

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few more I took towards the end of the day. FORD baby!!!

DSC_1132.jpg

DSC_1128.jpg

DSC_1129.jpg

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, but everybody says this Blackfire works best when allowed to cure for at least 8 hours.

bullitt 736

Reaction score
Looks good, but everybody says this Blackfire works best when allowed to cure for at least 8 hours.

That's pretty much true for any sealant. Especially as far as adding a second coat or getting the car wet.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
The sealant is good stuff, but forget the quick detailer they make.
After a sunny/humid day outside, I had all kinds of grayish splotchy spots on the car
after applying it a week earlier. It looked like I had not washed it all year, but in the garage 5 hours earlier it looked great.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
another +1 for FK 425, probably one of the top 5 QD's out there.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
SO, what exactly is the difference in sealant and wax? Do you not need to put any wax on the car after you apply this?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
SO, what exactly is the difference in sealant and wax? Do you not need to put any wax on the car after you apply this?
waxes are organic and are made from various waxes wich as carnauba, paraffin, candellila, and beeswax along with oils and solvents. They don't last as long but five off a nice wet jetting appearance that's usually very deep. Sealants are polymers or synthetics containing silicones. They last longer but usually look reflective and stale but are getting better hence bfwd. You can use both but its always wax on top of a sealant.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Got to take a closer look at the car this morning. Truck looks great and it's super slick to the touch. Next time I'm sending you home with tire shine!

In regards to letting it cure for 8-12 hours, that is true if you're applying a second coat, or topping with a carnauba paste wax. 30-45 minutes is certainly enough time to apply and remove one coat. There are some sealants like Klasse Sealant Glaze that seems to be removed much easier the longer you leave it on. For this circumstance, 30 minutes is plenty.

We're still running that introductory pricing on the Blackfire wax/sealant. Let me know if you guys have questions.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
color means nothing. Youre sealing the clear coat not the paint. But if you are takiing about hazing or sneering. You are fine.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
another +1 for FK 425, probably one of the top 5 QD's out there.

does this product really do what it says "Extra slick anti-static properties repel dust and keep it from sticking"? cause i do need a good qd and if it truly does repel dust it will be my best friend lol

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
does this product really do what it says "Extra slick anti-static properties repel dust and keep it from sticking"? cause i do need a good qd and if it truly does repel dust it will be my best friend lol
it does it way better than most. Finishkare was originally developed by the other meguiars brother before he passed away. Company was sold but the formulations stayed the same.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back