Blowing Fuse 49 on 2011 Auto

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by DTony, Apr 7, 2013.

1. DTony

DTony forum member

I started getting weird codes today and found on another thread that said it is was likely a fuse. Getting codes P0010, P0013, P0020, P0023, etc.

So I found fuse 49 blown, no big deal. I changed it and it immediately blew again. So their is obviously a short somewhere.

The fuse is PCM verhicle power 2-emmisions related powertrain components. Does anyone have an idea where to look for a pinched or burnt wire? I looked around the car and couldnt see anything.

2. slagburn

slagburn forum member

That fuse powers all four oxygen sensors, all the VCT solenoids, canister purge valve. Usual suspect of course would be damaged wiring near the oxygen sensors or a shorted sensor heater element.

3. mr. anderson

mr. anderson forum member

yup, check the O2 sensor wires and follow them around the headers. make sure they didn't get melted to them or together

4. DTony

DTony forum member

Thanks for the heads up. Going to put it on jack stands now.

Edit, I appreciate the fast response from you guys. The rear drivers side O2 wire fell onto the drive shaft and wore a through the wire shielding.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. Phil

Phil forum member

Old thread but this is EXACTLY what just happened to me!!! Check those harness if anyone works on your transmission!!