BONE STOCK 05 TRACK REPORT 12's just a step away!!

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
For all of the nay Sayers and the "peeps" who need to tighten the loose nut behind the wheel....

I have had the car for 4 days, its BONE stock from the air silencer to the mufflers with 45K miles full weight.

I haven't been to the drag strip in almost 5 years.....

run 1 15.50@ 97 smoking the tires 1-2-3 as the track was FUBAR!!!
run 2 13.90@101 spinning in 2nd
run 3 14.00@101 spinning 1-2

This was at State Capital Dragway and I haven't been since they redid the entire track and from the experience tonight it really hasn't changed as there were 2 incidents with cars and a 2 hour delay with the 60ft lights that never got corrected thus no fucking 60 foot times....

Either way 13.90 spinning on street tires gives a good indication that 12.90s are easily possible with drag radials and more seat time..

Given that at the 6 hours I was there I got 3 runs is ridiculous!!! :damnit:
And next time its gonna be No Problem!!!

If I were running drag radials and the track was at least half way prepared I would have been able to put the power to the ground and bumped easily .5 second or more of ET..
Then add the 98 degree air and humidity to boot wait for some decently cool air and that could give the magic to bump 12's

I AM NOT a great drag racer however my brother is and he will get a chance at the car maybe tomorrow night or next weekend..
We will also be going back with a set of drag radials to see about some 13.20's...

For a comparison those numbers are almost identical to what my 97 Cobra ran at the same track in the louisiana heat sooo many years ago..

I have decided to wait on the cold air/tune/other mods untill I can get a few more days to see what the car will do..

sorry to screw you out of your beer money Wes and Bengi but I'll bring a case to you next time I'm out by the shop.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you need about 103-104 mph for 12s in my opinion. DA will play a huge role also.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Yup I agree. But 101 in this heat, humidity, spinning
and trying to figure out the shift points should be 103
once I get it wired out.
I need to also dump the spare and the rest
of the crap in the car.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
im sorry man but trust me you arent gonna break 12s with just drag radials. i run at state capitol quite often and with jlt, tune from wes, and o/r x pipe i was able to get a [email protected] with a 2.08 60'. now since you have 3.55s you may be able to hit 12.9x with the same mods as me plus drag radials. come to state capitol tommorrow and you will see a bunch of us s197's out there including me.

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
Your talking about improbable track times? Um... a 13.36 run with almost 106 MPH, YOU need to work on your driving... ALOT!!!

106 is solid 12.60's or 12.90 with limited tires.

BTW: The car above will go 13.40-13.teens's tomorrow.

I ran 13.40@ 102 tonight on an M3 with street tires...
This was with 1.9 60 foots and I could have gotten 1.80 with another 2 runs.

im sorry man but trust me you arent gonna break 12s with just drag radials. i run at state capitol quite often and with jlt, tune from wes, and o/r x pipe i was able to get a [email protected] with a 2.08 60'. now since you have 3.55s you may be able to hit 12.9x with the same mods as me plus drag radials. come to state capitol tommorrow and you will see a bunch of us s197's out there including me.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
The prep was shite!!! I was one of the first and
there was no traction at all.
There was better stick on the street.
It was stupid hot too untill about 7:45 then some one decided
to destroy a perfectly good 65 mustang
on the retaining wall.
That delayed the runs for over an hour and
The entire night basically sucked.
3 runs out of an entire night!!! :-o

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love how everyone thinks the next second barrier is just that easy to get to... lol sometimes it is but dam why not just do it first before setting your self up incase you fail xD

Who was it last time who said they would easily break 11's on the motor lmao

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
not bad and 13.20's i do feel is possible with good driving and possible better weather....The best thing to do is set a goal for yourself and obtain it, that's called getting the most out of what you have. What were your 60' time?

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
Your talking about improbable track times? Um... a 13.36 run with almost 106 MPH, YOU need to work on your driving... ALOT!!!

106 is solid 12.60's or 12.90 with limited tires.

BTW: The car above will go 13.40-13.teens's tomorrow.

I ran 13.40@ 102 tonight on an M3 with street tires...
This was with 1.9 60 foots and I could have gotten 1.80 with another 2 runs.

if you say so. coulda, shoulda, woulda is the phrase i see the most in thise post. these cars tend to trap higher than they should for the et's they run. ill see you at the track, if your theory is correct i "should" run 12.4x tonight....

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
I didn't say you should, I said I could... you need more seat time. But I would gladly drive your car well into the 12's for you.

I have always done what was said couldn't be done, ALWAYS. I usually end up with what most call freaks... Well I have had ALOT of freaks...

if you say so. coulda, shoulda, woulda is the phrase i see the most in thise post. these cars tend to trap higher than they should for the et's they run. ill see you at the track, if your theory is correct i "should" run 12.4x tonight....

I think you mean: These cars tend to trap higher than YOU can run. Traps mean P/W which means if you drive it right it'll do it.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't say you should, I said I could... you need more seat time. But I would gladly drive your car well into the 12's for you.

I have always done what was said couldn't be done, ALWAYS. I usually end up with what most call freaks... Well I have had ALOT of freaks...

I think you mean: These cars tend to trap higher than YOU can run. Traps mean P/W which means if you drive it right it'll do it.

so run 12's like a freak and then post your slips :deadhorse:

Look guys john force is in the house xD

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
I gave 13. teens as best.
will need good air for 12's

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score

i can drive just fine. what you fall to realize is that when you have shitty traction your trap goes up. the op trapped 101 which is good for maybe a 13.6-13.7. yes, if i "would" have had drag radials, like i "should" have, on the 13.36 run i prolly "could" have ran in the 12s. do you see the trend there? shoulda, coulda, woulda is widely used in less than hopeful accomplishments.

Last edited:

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
I gave 13. teens as best.
will need good air for 12's

dont hold your breath. the op ran a best 13.9@101 so far with a decent 60' on street tire. there have been guys who have ran 13.5 or better on there first time at the track. so he nor his car is that special.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i can drive just fine. what you fall to realize is that when you have shitty traction your trap goes up. the op trapped 101 which is good for maybe a 13.6-13.7. yes, if i "would" have had drag radials, like i "should" have, on the 13.36 run i prolly "could" have ran in the 12s. do you see the trend there? shoulda, coulda, woulda is widely used in less than hopeful accomplishments.

Aint that the goddam truth, My self included am tired of hearing those words

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
May as well just turn this thread into a "how do I get to 318 whp on a cool day on dynojet, then install my axlebacks that should be worth 3 whp and the 10 whp from opening my hood during a dyno session so I can get my piece of paper saying I have 318 whp":deadhorse:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back