BOSS 302 steering wheel retro fit to 06' GT

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Picked up this steering wheel from a guy BNIB for 250... can't beat it! It is amazing!! The suede feels so good on your hand. Anyway I don't know if anyone has done this yet... but you can't re use the cruise control because the wiring is different... I don't use it anyway as this is a fun car not a DD... Otherwise everything bolts right up!! Anyway here is the picture let me know what ya guys think...

photo8.jpg

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's actually pretty easy to wire up the cruise switches. I did it on my '05 with a '10 GT500 wheel. The '11/12's are no different as far as that goes. You just need a wiring diagram of both vehicles. I think there's a write-up here somewhere about it.

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
It's actually pretty easy to wire up the cruise switches. I did it on my '05 with a '10 GT500 wheel. The '11/12's are no different as far as that goes. You just need a wiring diagram of both vehicles. I think there's a write-up here somewhere about it.

Sweet!! I'll look up the diagram... i wonder if there is a way to get the volume for the radio on the wheel to work with the Shaker system?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Sweet!! I'll look up the diagram... i wonder if there is a way to get the volume for the radio on the wheel to work with the Shaker system?

There is, but it's much more involved. I looked into it, and decided it wasn't worth it. The cruise switches though was an easy thing and work like factory. All the switches light up like they should too (even the radio control switches).

And a note on that alcantra material... Don't use lotion on your hands before you drive. Lotion and oils from your hands builds up on the alcantra material and packs it down and makes it look worn and dirty (within as soon as a couple weeks). You can clean it with a soapy rag which helps, but just be aware that everything sticks to that stuff, and doesn't want to come off.

Last edited:

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
There is, but it's much more involved. I looked into it, and decided it wasn't worth it. The cruise switches though was an easy thing and work like factory. All the switches light up like they should too (even the radio control switches).

Awesome! I'll look into doing that... thanks man

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I just got mine and I love it too!! The only thing I miss is not having a horn. If I could figure out how to get the horn to work I'd be fine with the rest.

-Mike

re use the stock haness off the old wheel... thats what i did and the horn works perfect...

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
^ LOL

i need to get a new wheel, the fake plastic one is starting to get annoying. what are the 07-08 gt500/boss alcantara wheels going for these days?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
But isn't the entire harness different from the 09 to the Boss 302 wheel? It would be great if it worked.

-Mike

Yes they're different, but you re-pin the connector off your old wheel to make it work.

They came alcantara? I know the regular GT500 ones with regular leather are ridiculously expensive..

:dead2:

The '10-'12 GT500 wheels have sections of it.

I can do about $330 on the GT500 wheel, and $230 on the Boss wheel.

Last edited:

ElDiablo

Reaction score
has anyone figured out how to wire the audio controls to the factory shaker 500 in the 06-09 models?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back