Bought a New Challenger SRT8

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
That's a good idea. Let me see if I can get it. I'll let you know.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
I'm arguing with Lindsay right now. I want a Hellcat, but she wants an RT SCAT PACK. She said "Why do we need a second 700 HP car?" I'm still in shock... don't know how to argue that point. I can't see any reason NOT to own two 700 HP cars.

This is easy...

Why do we need two breasts? Two ass cheeks? Two Arms? Two Legs?

We could all get along with one, but two makes everything else easier and more en-joyful :idea::beerchug2:

I too was thinking about you taking the door home. But was not sure beyond hanging it on a wall or finding a way to make some bar thing out of it, what one would do with it...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Just got an email from the body shop for the repair... $30,898.78. No way this car is not going to get totaled by the insurance company. NADA and KBB both put the high retail price at $37,300. It will cost 83% of the price of a replacement vehicle to repair this one.

The shop owner said the guy hit me so hard that even the gas tank was damaged, along with parts on the opposite side of the car, due to the car getting bent like a boomerang.

I hate waiting. I wish we could get this over with.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Oh yea, there is frame damage. The frame needs to be straightened and all of the floor pans are bent. The hood and trunk were bent, even the mounts for the tail lights were broken. There are 9 pages of parts with 193 line items.

USAA is our company. Both mine and the guy who hit me.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
USAA is pretty good to work with so hopefully they total it; I would not want it back after that much damage....even if it were repaired you would get crushed when you went to trade it in or sell it.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I told my wife that if they don't total it, I'll have it appraised and then sue to recoop the lost resale value. Then the interior is getting stripped, a cage is going in it and it becomes a track car.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good plan! My friend had his 2011 GT totaled by USAA-convertible and water damage due to the top being left down and after a minor uh oh-so they gave him $28k for the car, he bought it back for $6k, put about $4k in repairs to it and is driving it today with a normal title, not a salvage title.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Just got an email from the body shop for the repair... $30,898.78. No way this car is not going to get totaled by the insurance company. NADA and KBB both put the high retail price at $37,300. It will cost 83% of the price of a replacement vehicle to repair this one.

The shop owner said the guy hit me so hard that even the gas tank was damaged, along with parts on the opposite side of the car, due to the car getting bent like a boomerang.

I hate waiting. I wish we could get this over with.

I don't think they use the entire value of the car, someone may be able to give you a definite answer but I thought they totaled a vehicle at 75% or 80% of the value...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think they use the entire value of the car, someone may be able to give you a definite answer but I thought they totaled a vehicle at 75% or 80% of the value...

They went to 95% on my kids sentra.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
The adjuster told me they look at the cost to repair it, the salvage value, and the replacement cost.

Basically, if they can spend less money by replacing the car and auctioning the wrecked one compared to the price of fixing it, then they total it.

So, lets say they pay me the NADA value for the car. That's $37,300. Then, they typically sell similar wrecked cars for $18,000 because its has a new motor, trans, Brembo brakes, etc, then the insurance company will only be out of pocket for $19,300. So, they will total the car because $19,300 to replace it instead of $30,000 to fix it is a great savings for them.

In my case, they would have to average less than $8,000 when they sell a car like mine in order for them to lean toward the repair. I looked around and the engine alone is between $8,000 and $10,000. I am thinking its gonna be a total.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Not likely. If I had another car to put the 392 and TR6060 in, I would be all over it... but I don't.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I am usually so busy with work that I only sleep about 5 hours a night and my wife complains I never spend time with her. Last thing I need to do is get into the used parts business. Don't have time to do a tear down either.

I have no where to keep it if I did by it. The Shelby is in the garage and I am not allowed to have any non-running vehicles at my house anymore. The County police accused me of running a business out of my house because some neighbors complained I was always working on cars out in the driveway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back