Bought a New Challenger SRT8

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I am usually so busy with work that I only sleep about 5 hours a night and my wife complains I never spend time with her. Last thing I need to do is get into the used parts business. Don't have time to do a tear down either.

I have no where to keep it if I did by it. The Shelby is in the garage and I am not allowed to have any non-running vehicles at my house anymore. The County police accused me of running a business out of my house because some neighbors complained I was always working on cars out in the driveway.

This is why my next house will be far enough away from the neighbors that this situation won't arise.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
So... opted away from buying the Hellcat. I just can't see paying a $20k ADM and its not available in orange. The dealer is telling me in 2016 they will have then in orange, so I am going to wait.

In the mean time, I just ordered a fully equipped 2015 SRT. It will be in red pearl. The only options it wont have are the block heater, auto trans, stripes, or summer time tires. I don't need a block warmer, I prefer a manual, I don't like vinyl graphics, and I want to drive it year round... so sounds like a win to me.

I went to the body shop to get my plates off the car and I saw this gem. I wish I had somewhere to park it... I would buy this in a heartbeat.

1967 coupe

OldSchoolMustang1.bmp

OldSchoolMustang2.bmp

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^ My 69 looked like that, only a lot worse shape, in red.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I love the older models. Was yours a coupe or fastback? I prefer coupes.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love the older models. Was yours a coupe or fastback? I prefer coupes.

It was a coupe with a 302. It was a POS I bought to drive during the winter. Cost me $800 back in 1980. Had to pull the battery every night and take it up to my dorm room, so it would start in the morning. Did that for 2 weeks, until payday. Heater core plugged and I had to drive to work like a gomer peeking out the side window, no defroster, so the front windshield was fucked. Had to wait for the next payday to fix that. Ahhhh, the good old days! :)

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just came across this thread - glad you weren't seriously hurt Marc.

You have quiet the collection of sports cars! I keep seeing the '15 SRT's popping up in the area and damn that is a good looking car.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Thanks Cam... I appreciate it. It was pretty scary, but we all came out of it with minor issues, thankfully.

It was a very nice car. I am really bummed out because I like the 14's way more than the 15's.

I have been very bless to have the home and toys we have for sure.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
2015 SRT! Nice! I really like the new dash and trapezoid style console on the 15s. I really wanted a 15' but I scored this 14' Shaker for such a good price I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was way too impatient to wait till Spring of 15' for a Shaker. Whats crazy is that in all the advertising they show the Shaker model, but the Shaker won't be available for delivery till Spring of 15'. Talk about getting people hyped up lol.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have a good friend that just bought a 2015 SRT8. he had the resonators removed and the car sounds AWSOME. Not to mention its a beast at 500 HP!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
2015 SRT! Nice! I really like the new dash and trapezoid style console on the 15s. I really wanted a 15' but I scored this 14' Shaker for such a good price I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was way too impatient to wait till Spring of 15' for a Shaker. Whats crazy is that in all the advertising they show the Shaker model, but the Shaker won't be available for delivery till Spring of 15'. Talk about getting people hyped up lol.

I know what you mean. I wanted this SRT to be in B5 Blue Pearl and have the upgraded Sepia Laguna leather seats. They told me that I can't get the B5 because they are not producing them for another few months and I can't get the Sepia Laguna leather seats in any other color Challenger BUT the B5 Blue Pearl. I was like really? WTF??? Take them off the damn website as an option then.

Have a good friend that just bought a 2015 SRT8. he had the resonators removed and the car sounds AWSOME. Not to mention its a beast at 500 HP!

I think he might be pulling your leg... the car has factory dumps/cutouts right after the cats. Most guys just wire them to have 12v and open as soon as the car starts. And yes... it sounds awesome.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Damn Blue Pearl with Sepia sounds pretty cool. When I was on the fence about a JGC SRT, it had to have the Sepia interior, just looks so good.

When do you expect delivery?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
My dealer doesn't submit their inventory order for another 2 weeks. They said it would be 6 weeks after that. So I guess I am looking at about 2 months.

I am going to sign the buyers agreement today. The GM was trying to help me with something. I am buying the car for my wife. I want the placard to say it was built for her, not me. But... there is a small problem. Who's ever name is on the buyers order is who's name goes on the placard. If the customer who orders the car isn't the person who buys the car, the dealership get some type of penalty. He said if they don't have an 85% success rate on custom orders, they could loss the privilege to do custom orders.

I can't afford to buy the car cash. Whoever has there name on the buyer order has to pay for it, which means financing. My wife doesn't work due to disability and her credit is pretty jacked up from health care bills. The loan can't be in her name and neither can the buyers order.

So, the GM is spending some time last night and today trying to figure out a way of having it say it was built for Lindsay, paid for buy me, and they not get penalized. I am going to head down there around 2 PM to see what headway they made and sign the order. Hopefully he has good news for me.

I know its a silly sentimental thing, but its important to her. Because she hasn't worked in so long, she feels like everything is mine and she doesn't own anything. I try to tell her that regardless of where the money comes from, everything we have is "ours", but she just doesn't follow that line of thinking. I hope this gesture helps her feel a little better about it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cant the car be built without the placard? Custom order one yourself and stick it on?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I can always order one aftermarket and replace the one they send... but it wont be the same.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
LOL!!! Being of official record and seeing it on the car when we take delivery would be much better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back