Bradenton bound this weekend!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'll be heading up first thing Friday morning and will be there Friday through Sunday this year. If anyone from s197 will be there feel free to stop by and say hi, I'll be running in Mod Muscle #7177.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Good luck.

Thanks! Arrived today around 9am, got through registration and tech, the tech inspector told me I need to get a locking transmission dipstick, he didn't stop me from running but said I need to get one soon. Time trial #1 when I launched my LPM must not have liked the TB since soon as I let go of the button the car moved then within a second the LPM cut it off. Damn! Got pushed back off the line and sent back to my pit. Then later qualifying round #1 I had driver error by hitting my line lock button instead of the TB soon as I tried to rev it up it moved through the beams, rats! after sitting there for a second or so, I snapped the pedal and went wot, she ran 9.86 @ 146, woo hoo! What a ride! I have 2 more qualifying runs tomorrow to get it right before eliminations on Sunday,

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
After watching the video I sat there longer than I thought, Hopefully I'll make some clean passes tomorrow. Clearly the driver needs more seat time!
9.86 @ 146

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
BTW mods, why did you move this thread to Regional SE? The season opener for the NMRA and Spring Break Shootout isn't a big enough national event for the national event category? What am I missing?

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
I am here . Drove down Thursday from Ohio. Running Ford Muscle 10005 and True Street. Qualified 4th after 1st qualifying round. I will see if I can find you since you are probably on the same side as I am. I see a lot of MM cars pitted when I walk up to the tower area. Good luck tomorrow!!!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I am here . Drove down Thursday from Ohio. Running Ford Muscle 10005 and True Street. Qualified 4th after 1st qualifying round. I will see if I can find you since you are probably on the same side as I am. I see a lot of MM cars pitted when I walk up to the tower area. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Yes I was on the East side just past the timing towers, I say "was" since my motor broke during Qualifying Rd #2 this morning. It was bitter sweet since I ran a new PB in the process (9.55 @ 146mph), but I had a smoke screen as a went through the traps then found antifreeze everywhere when I opened the hood, and all over the back of the car. I did get lucky though, as it could have got under my tires and made me wreck. After that I spectated most of the day then loaded up and headed out around 5:30pm. Hopefully you did better than me today! And tomorrow,

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
After watching the video I sat there longer than I thought, Hopefully I'll make some clean passes tomorrow. Clearly the driver needs more seat time!
9.86 @ 146

Pretty cool ride either way. That's rolling! Sorry to read your demise the following day, but congrats on the NPB.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back