Broken OBD port

Bill Acklin

Reaction score
Just picked up an '06 GT from a Phoenix used car dealer and am new to the forum. Cheers! The OBD port is broken. Only one (ear) with screw hole remaining. so only one is holding the port to the dash. In addition, the port has been moved to new location under the dash and I bump it with my knee every time I get in. It won't be difficult to put back in place. I could try to fab something to keep the Org. part, but i'm not good at that sort of project. The port leads back under the dash about 4-5" and terminates to large connector plugging into another. It's a short harness. Is this a common part and can I replace the unit? If so, where? I should mention that I have found "universal" OBD's with wire and terminals to make it fit. Just want the right part and move on. Thanks!
Bill=

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Welcome & congrats on the "new-to-you" ride. Take/post some pics of the port area so we have a visual. Might bring better recommendations...hope it's not too dicked-up.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
"........The port leads back under the dash about 4-5" and terminates to large connector plugging into another........"

Sounds to me that you have an OBD extension cable on there. There are no screws securing the stock OBD port on my 07. The OBD port (that large plug you are referring to I think) just slots into the dash sheet metal right above my left knee.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back