Buzzing Body

Rick Simons

Reaction score
I recently changed from the factory H pipe to an X pipe, and I immediately noticed a buzzing vibration at about 2k rpm in any gear. It's only active over about a 200 rpm range. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car but at other times it sounds like there is another one being generated up towards the front as well. Possibly the EVAP/fuel lines vibrating against the body? Rear bumper cover? The exhaust has plenty of clearance everywhere.
I did find that the CAI baffle was touching the metal lines that run along the left inner fender, so I relieved that area of the baffle so that they no longer contacted it.
I haven't been able to duplicate it yet with the car up on jack stands, so if anyone has experienced this please let me know what you found and how you fixed it. I'm beginning to tweak a little over it. Thanks!

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Underneath the car check all of the factory heat shields and also make sure the nuts holding them on are snug. Make sure they are not touching and/or too close to the exhaust.

Those things are flimsy and will make a vibrating sound if you flick em with your finger.

Beyond that maybe the previous owner or your significant other lost a sex toy somewhere back there??????

Laga

Reaction score
I recently changed from the factory H pipe to an X pipe,
Something is not lined up correctly. Your exhaust is hanging more on one hanger than the others. This allows vibration at certain speeds. Check your hangers by grabbing exhaust and shaking, look for different amounts of play at the hangers. Loosen clamps on X-pipe and move , rotate, pipes to try to even things up. I had same thing when changing my exhaust. Luckily mine was rather obvious. Hope this helps.

Rick Simons

Reaction score
Good suggestions! Maybe I'll just wait until the batteries run down on the toy.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
^^ that and,
Cat converter substrate starting to get lose maybe? Had that happen on my van.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you’re experiencing low frequency exhaust drone.

This ^^^
Is it a low frequency noise? When I bought mine it had muffler deletes and had the dreaded drone, even with stock H and cats.
Ford Racing GTA mufflers cured that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back