Car Cover

Discussion in 'Keeping it Clean' started by Riptide, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Riptide

Riptide Will work for Mustang.

My 2014 car is going to be in storage for a significant period of time. Probably around a year. It will be taken out and driven every 2-3 months.

I'd like to get a cover for it that will be good enough for a garaged vehicle but not be super expensive. Nothing fancy just don't want any scratches on the car from the cover. Does not need to be tough enough for outside use.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

2. travelers

travelers Senior Member

Covercraft.com has a verity of indoor and out door covers. I do have an outdoor cover for special situations. When I put mine in for storage for the winter I use it for that also.

3. Scott

Scott Senior Member

Covercraft on mine over winter when I am not working on the car. The one I have is 8 years old and still in excellent shape.

4. dre256

dre256 forum member

I have a Boss 302 car cover, use it when car sits in my garage for few weeks if am out of town for work. It's perfect fit for like the mirrors and antenna. Mine was new and got it from a Boss 302 owner that had no need for it for like 150 bucks. Had it 5 years now and no complaints.

My wife makes fun of me with it saying am a fake, as car cover has the Boss 302 stripes and says Boss 302 on the side of it lol

5. Riptide

Riptide Will work for Mustang.

Thanks for the pointers. Hate leaving the car hard parked that long but will have my step-dad drive it for me every 2-3 months. Out of state moves are a huge pita and I'll be back for the car once things settle and I've got a house w/a garage for it again.

Will be putting fresh fuel in it, stabilizer, extra psi in the tires, changing the oil, and parking it w/some rubber mats under the tires.

6. Bad Horsie

Bad Horsie Junior Member

I've been using California Car Cover Co. for years. Love em.
    check it out calcarcover.com

7. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Another Covercraft fan/user...every winter (fm Nov - Apr).

Also, don't forget to shove some tin-foil balls in your exhaust pipes & throw dryer sheets in the car (front-back floor), to keep critters out.