CHE brace and torque limiters with JBA long tube headers

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Not sure what you hope to accomplish with the CHE brace but in my experience it doesn't do much. I had one on my car for 3-4 months before cutting it up to modify it, then removing it and throwing it away.

The 3650 simply is not capable of shifting into 3rd gear at engine speeds over 6000 rpm consistently. This isn't the shifter or an alignment issue, the synchros simply won't work at that speed. If you have issues at lower speeds then they can be fixed with either a better shifter (MGW) or a rebuild to replace damaged synchros. There really isn't any situation where the CHE brace is the proper fix.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
FWIW. I ran a Che brace and limiters along with a MGW and it fixed my 2nd to 3rd issues.

Not saying I don't believe you Brian. Just giving my experience with the product.

I still have the brace as I now have a T56

I need to get ahold of one guy who said he wanted it a couple weeks ago. If he doesn't. I'll let you know OP.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
looking at getting a CHE brace and torque limiters setup for a 08 GT. anybody out there with a set of JBA long tube headers and this brace and limiters? i see on the CHE website there are a few exhaust / header clearance issues

http://che-performance.myshopify.co...on-bracing/products/che7la?variant=4596821059

I had the CHE brace/limiters with Pypes LT's (same as Kooks) and no clearance issues by a long shot. Skwerl is right though. The only thing you can do in the high rpm's with a 3650 is shift a bit slower, give the synchro's more time to make alignment. Even with the limiters I still had persistant issues getting into 2nd/3rd above 6500rpm. I really had to remember to pace my shifting speed for 2nd/3rd.

SidneyGT

Reaction score
There is a definite split. Some swear by them and some don’t. I think It comes down to driving style. I don’t drag race the car. No drag strip here. I just auto-x and time attack. The track is short and never get up to red line.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
CHE brace and MGW shifter fixed my high rpm shifting issues. As far as what exhaust other then stock fit I cannot comment.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
On my 3650, the CHE did indeed help the 2-3. I see no harm in running it. It simply minimizes engine-tranny twist-torque.

I don't run it now with my T56, but that is because I never got around to sourcing the proper length bolts and spacers required to re-install it. I will eventually add it back to my setup, although it is not really needed with a T56 since the T56 is direct-shift.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Shane, I think the only thing you'd accomplish adding that to the T56 is more vibration. You already fixed the problem, no need to use a 3650 band aid on a T56.

Back