Clay barred the car for the first time - Wow!!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
What I was worried about is airborne dust, dirt, bugs etc....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It's pretty anti static but cant fault you for wanting to do it in doors.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seer, do you go on any detailing forums? If so, can you let me know, I want to stsart learning more. Thanks

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Went and picked up a DA yesterday (OK, I'll admit it was the Harbor Freight one but hey, it worked for Darren). Need to make my shopping list now.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Went and picked up a DA yesterday (OK, I'll admit it was the Harbor Freight one but hey, it worked for Darren). Need to make my shopping list now.

make sure you get good pads, they are the secret in a decent detail. I prefer hydrotechs.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I like the hydrotech pads and the buff and shine pads. Very similar pricing from Detailersclub. Buff and shine seems to last a little longer though.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I personally would do a sealant and top with wax if you want but my car seems to have the shine I want out of it. I use Optimums Poliseal and Optiseal combo!

ehydyzy3.jpg

sepusetu.jpg

Pics don't lie lol

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Right now I'm kind of following Seers sticky. I'm getting the Chemical Guys Black Light. He recommends following that with the Lava Wax and then the V07 Spray Sealent. Others have said to use a good Carnauba wax. Since I'm using a DA, would I be better to use a liquid wax as opposed to a paste wax?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Wax is so easy to apply I wouldnt even think twice. Just get that CG combo. I havent tried blacklight or Lava yet but I do top mine with V07 after every wash and as a detailer sometimes.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Right now I'm kind of following Seers sticky. I'm getting the Chemical Guys Black Light. He recommends following that with the Lava Wax and then the V07 Spray Sealent. Others have said to use a good Carnauba wax. Since I'm using a DA, would I be better to use a liquid wax as opposed to a paste wax?

Lava has a "pudding" consistency. You can scoop it out and rub it on your pad and apply that way.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh. Well, order placed. Big chunk of change but I'd like to keep this car long term so I'd better take care of it, more so because I don't have a garage, so it's always exposed to the elements. Here's what I ordered. I still want to pick up some waffle microfiber towels, some M101 (although I really don't think I'll need it for the car).

Also, can I use that V07 sealent on my rims? Would that not be a good choice for matt finish wheels??

Thank goodness for that 20% off for first time orders.

Meguiars M205 Ultra Finishing Polish 8 oz. $8.99 1 Yes $8.99
Meguiars M105 Ultra-Cut Compound 8 oz. $10.99 1 Yes $10.99
SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect 16.9 oz. $15.99 1 Yes $15.99
Lake Country 6.5 FLAT Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! $49.99 1 Yes $49.99
Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder (3 Pack) $3.99 1 Yes $3.99
Chemical Guys Forum Favorite Kit $89.99 1 Yes $89.99

rambln3v

Reaction score
Hey cant say I didn't warn you... You'll love those products. That's a really good start actually.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back