Code P0171 System Too Lean

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
And you checked to make sure everything else was tight and no air leaks?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I can't find anything wrong. Problem start after I had cleaned the air filter. I text and call Adam's shop but no return call yet. I was hoping to take the car to him.

don_w

Reaction score
Last I talked to him (Thursday night), he was planning on being at Fontana today.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Just got back home from taking the car to Adam (ST Motorsports) and Adam made some adjustments to the tune. Drove all the way home (120 miles) and not one code.

Big thanks to Adam (ST Motorsports) :thumb:

Last edited:

simonac

simonac
Reaction score
do you know what he change in the tune ,cause i have the exact same issue with mine and it being like thats for more than a year. and i ask lot of peoples and no one new?? and jim sr. told me to change some setting for the o2 sensor??? giving them more time to warm up or something?? i did not dare to do it yet cause i am not sure if iam going to srew thing up ?? any help is more than welcome .. thanks guys.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
do you know what he change in the tune ,cause i have the exact same issue with mine and it being like thats for more than a year. and i ask lot of peoples and no one new?? and jim sr. told me to change some setting for the o2 sensor??? giving them more time to warm up or something?? i did not dare to do it yet cause i am not sure if iam going to srew thing up ?? any help is more than welcome .. thanks guys.

Adam said my Parameters were out of adjustment. What they were he didn't say. He didn't have to change out my MAF or O2 sensors at all. Give him a call at (909) 388-2536 or email him at [email protected].

I'll text him and see if he could reply to this pos
t.

don_w

Reaction score
Just got back home from taking the car to Adam (ST Motorsports) and Adam made some adjustments to the tune. Drove all the way home (120 miles) and not one code.

Big thanks to Adam (ST Motorsports) :thumb:
Glad to hear he fixed you up! And I bet your bill yesterday with Adam was a lot less than mine. hahaha

See you this afternoon... we have some beer to drink! :beerdrink:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't find anything wrong. Problem start after I had cleaned the air filter. I text and call Adam's shop but no return call yet. I was hoping to take the car to him.

Adam said my Parameters were out of adjustment. What they were he didn't say. He didn't have to change out my MAF or O2 sensors at all. Give him a call at (909) 388-2536 or email him at [email protected].

I'll text him and see if he could reply to this post.

???? how would a dirty air filter cause the parameters to be far enough off to throw lean codes after it's been cleaned?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
???? how would a dirty air filter cause the parameters to be far enough off to throw lean codes after it's been cleaned?

I did soak the air filter with oil after I cleaned it and the oil may have caused my MAF problems. I cleaned the MAF two different times and the same codes would pop up. I kept driving the car with my diablo hooked up and kept clearing the codes when the car felt like it wasn't running right. On may way to see Adam yesterday, I must have cleared the codes about 6 times. MAYBE doing this could have thrown my tune out of wack.
The only thing I can say for sure is that Adam fixed it by adjusting my tune.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Glad to hear he fixed you up! And I bet your bill yesterday with Adam was a lot less than mine. hahaha

See you this afternoon... we have some beer to drink! :beerdrink:

I wish I could do what you did to your car, you car is bad azz.

We'll see you later today, if we drink too much we might have to spend the night :beerdrink:. Carmela gets off at 5:00pm, but she'll show up.

TX_JC_GT

forum member
Reaction score
Im having the lean problems with my 05 also...I have the WMS intake, I cleaned the MAF, tightend all the intake clamps, and checked my injector psi (around 39). How can i check the intake for leaks? i remember a while back before this intake i hade a vacume leak, i dont really remember but i think it was the intake manifold. if it was the fuel filter (or anything with the fuel system)wouldent the injector psi be lower?

Mustangk

Reaction score
resurrect! i have cel problem on startup the cel will coem back most of time. i keep resetting battery when car doesnt feel right

Mustangk

Reaction score
lean issue seems to be popular i have 1.20 long term ufel trim readings which indicate 20% fuel addition which means not enough fuel or too much air ? how to find/fix

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back